• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OLD] What is your favorite song at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
This is a song by the swedish power metal band Sabaton about the man Karel Janoušek and his life.

As the great war is over and lost
He's been wounded in war, he returns with awards
Into battle again far from home
From a far distant land, our Marshal command

Home
Siblings sent to their death
His wife paid the ultimate price
Still
As the war rages on
You are our guide

Far, far from the fame
Far, far away from the fame
But we still remember your name
Karel Janoušek!
We mourn the day that you died
So be our guide, Czechoslovakia's pride

When the war has been fought and been won
Our Marshal returns, to be thrown into jail
Facing torture and years behind bars
When he's finally back, life in ivory black

Home
Siblings sent to their death
His wife paid the ultimate price
Still
As the war rages on
You are our guide

Far, far from the fame
Karel Janoušek!

Far, far from the fame
Karel Janoušek!

Far, far from the fame
Karel Janoušek!

The last train is nearly due,
The underground is closing soon,
And in the dark deserted station,
Restless in anticipation,
A man waits in the shadows.

His restless eyes leap and scratch,
At all that they can touch or catch,
And hidden deep within his pocket,
Safe within it's silent socket,
He holds a colored crayon.

Now from the tunnel's stony womb,
The carriage rides to meet the groom,
And opens wide and welcome doors,
But he hesitates, then withdraws
Deeper in the shadows.

And the train is gone suddenly
On wheels clicking silently
Like a gently tapping litany,
And he holds his crayon rosary
Tighter in his hand.

Now from his pocket quick he flashes,
The crayon on the wall he slashes,
Deep upon the advertising,
A single worded poem comprised
Of four letters.

And his heart is laughing, screaming, pounding
The poem across the tracks rebounding
Shadowed by the exit light
His legs take their ascending flight
To seek the breast of darkness and be suckled by the night.

I just love simon and garfunkel but right now this one is probably my favourite. This or Eric clapton's Layla.

Level 36
I don't actually get you guys, you just link videos without saying anything,
at the very least give us some reasoning behind why you're doing it.

This band is by far not a new discovery for me, I've seen them live five times,
I've just recently gone into a Kvelertak frenzy, and this is my current favorite:

Level 11
Favorite song to an anime I just finished called Mahjong Legend Akagi, really love how fitting it was during some of Akagi's successful mind games

Level 17
I don't actually get you guys, you just link videos without saying anything,
at the very least give us some reasoning behind why you're doing it.

Okay, fair enough. I think this mostly comes from the fact that people like this thread as a list to listen to some random music more than discussing it. There are too many video posts to make extended discussion practical. Anyway...

Since I've discovered these guys recently, I've been obsessed with them. They're absolutely fucking incredible. It's solid psychedelic rock, and if you have any love for the psych apex brought on in Jimi and Clapton's prime, you'll love these guys.

Level 36
...but people don't seem to care so I avoid it for the most part...

Well, I'd say, that's the problem right there. People don't talk, music is a subject one can talk quite a lot about, and this really is mostly the only thread with enough activity and interest to do so.
Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but personally I'd be more inclined to listen to your song if you actually give me some incentive as to why I should, basically just by saying why the song is
currently your favorite.

Yea, they are quite decent - Discovered them myself at Roskilde festival

That, there, was probably the most memorable concert of Roskilde 2013, fuck Slipknot, Turbonegro, Metallica and Queens of the Stoneage, nothing beat Kvelertak at that festivale. (Obviously I loved all the others too, it's just even though I've seen them before, I still liked their concert the most.)

I think this mostly comes from the fact that people like this thread as a list to listen to some random music more than discussing it.

I'm not sure I agree to that, I actually think people mostly like this thread because they get to share the music they like, in the hopes that someone else might appreciate it.

That being my analysis is also why I'd like to see more chatter in this thread, you won't know if someone appreciated your post lest someone actually tells you they did.

Level 23
I'm not sure I agree to that, I actually think people mostly like this thread because they get to share the music they like, in the hopes that someone else might appreciate it.
I agree, but it tends to get lost amongst the posts where people just line up fifty metal videos.

Anyway, I'll join the cause and try to lead by example.

This song is from after Ultravox lost their drummer, so it sounds more like a cross between Big Country and Nik Kershaw than Ultravox. While it isn't unparallelled brilliance like all their music as a four-piece, it is still quite good and fun anyway.

Level 36
I agree, but it tends to get lost amongst the posts where people just line up fifty metal videos.

Let's have a little less prejudice, and a little more tolerance, can't we? :)

Anyway, since you obviously have a beef, I'll reprieve by posting this:

Came across these guys by looking up "related" on Arctic Monkeys on Spotify (<3 Arctic Monkeys).
I reckon it'd be classified as brit-pop, but maybe a tad more rock-ish, though. Anyway,
fucking love these guys :D

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Introducing some norwegian post-rock. HINDYhat showed me this piece like ages ago.

Only just recently picked up on it again and realized it was fucking awesomesauce, all the way from the subtle guitar picking to the name of the band.

Also Desert Sessions. It's kind of a musical collective started by Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age) with the basic idea being that none of the material is written beforehand, but written, recorded and produced in the studio. They don't leave the studio until they finish a record. Pretty awesome.

Level 35
Found this band back in July, really love how they sound like an old 80s band :D

Just found out they released a music video for my favorite song out of their newest album <3

I agree completely. Noticed them at the Roskilde Festival myself - The front singer (Joel O'Keeffe) is insane! Ran out of the stage and smashed several beers against his head while playing the concert. Add to that, that the music rocks. :wthumbsup:

While this is not a music video, just start the one Geazergimli2 and watch the image :wgrin:

131841-albums1697-picture76666.jpg

Level 11
I agree completely. Noticed them at the Roskilde Festival myself - The front singer (Joel O'Keeffe) is insane! Ran out of the stage and smashed several beers against his head while playing the concert. Add to that, that the music rocks. :wthumbsup:

While this is not a music video, just start the one Geazergimli2 and watch the image :wgrin:

131841-albums1697-picture76666.jpg

Wow O.O you are so lucky! haha, I wish the band would have a concert near where I live (GA, USA), I envy you right now :goblin_cry:

For the sake of the thread, I've been playing a lot of frozen synapse lately while preparing for the frozen endzone beta and just for fun, and I've forgotten how awesome the game's OST was!

My favorite track :

Level 36
Introducing some norwegian post-rock. HINDYhat showed me this piece like ages ago.

Pretty neat stuff.

Here's another band a little somehow in the same corner of the universe, and ironically
they're Swedish, just started listening to them only like a week ago, and I really like them.
- I guess they're a little more on the rock side of things, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.