• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Old God Pack

WC3Nzoth.jpg

N'zoth, old god of nightmares, the corruptor, the deepone. One of the four old gods of Azeroth.
N'zoth was chained at the bottom of the ocean and is responsible for corrupting the Earth-warden Neltharion into Deathwing.
After being chained for an eternity at the very bottom of the ocean, N'zoths shackles have been broken and the corruptor and his ilk
are once again tainting Azeroth.

"Your minds remain closed. Come, mortals... glimpse the infinite truths."

WC3Cthun.jpg

C'thun, old god of madness and chaos. One of the four old gods of Azeroth.
Residing within the old city of Ahn'qiraj, C'thun is protected by swarms of the insectoid Silithids and corrupted Titan servants.
Not seen since the war of the shifting sands, now awoken from slumber and the whispers of madness are once again a threat to
the mortal world.

"You are weak. Your friends will abandon you."

WC3YoggSaron.jpg

Yogg-saron, old god of death, the lucid dream. One of the four old gods of Azeroth.
The Old gods have for millennia been the Titans greatest enemies but with their corruption spreading throughout all of Azeroth their destructin would
also lead to the end of Azeroth itself. The only solution was to overwhelm, capture and imprison the beings with Yogg-saron now residing in the very heart of Ulduar.
Corrupting the watcher Loken the god of death has managed to break free from his chains and is now left unchecked once again.

"The fiend of a thousand faces. Cower before my true form. BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!"

Custom icons available for all three gods and their corresponding tentacles.
Two tentacle model versions included for each Old God.
Please credit me if you use these models.

Enjoy!

Keywords:
old god, n'zoth, ny'alotha, nightmare, forgotten, n'raqi, corruptor, C'thun, silithid, silithus, forgotten, qiraj, yogg-saron, ulduar, death, forgotten, n'raqi
Previews
Contents

C'thun (Model)

C'thun Eye Tentacle (Model)

C'thun Eye Tentacle Icon (Icon)

C'thun Icon (Icon)

C'thun Tentacle (Model)

C'thun Tentacle Icon (Icon)

N'zoth (Model)

N'zoth Eye Tentacle (Model)

N'zoth Eye Tentacle Icon (Icon)

N'zoth Icon (Icon)

N'zoth Tentacle (Model)

N'zoth Tentacle Icon (Icon)

Yogg-saron (Model)

Yogg-saron Icon (Icon)

Yogg-saron Mace Tentacle (Model)

Yogg-saron Mace Tentacle Icon (Icon)

Yogg-saron Tentacle (Model)

Yogg-saron Tentacle Icon (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
Very cool custom models. Good use of textures and excellent animations. Models work in-game and perform well.
Level 8
This is an interesting interpretation for the forgotten ... And also in the battle for Azeroth maps, where there are many dungeons, including those with the ancient gods.

Level 48
I really like these models and the amount of effort you put into them truly shows. Anyone using the Forgotten One model in their maps can just throw it out the window in favour of these beauties right away!

I do feel, however, that the textures feel a little bit flat and lifeless in a WC3 context. The wrap is also a little stretchy in places, especially on C'thun.
I'd love to see the textures touched up a bit, maybe with optional teamcolour versions added too. More detail, stronger shadows/highlights, brighter colours and more contrast. N'zoth's textures are the best of the bunch but still stand to be improved a little.

I also haven't seen them in-game, but animations on C'thun feel a little basic and iffy - and the Deaths on all 3 main models also seem a little underwhelming (I kind of like the explosion of blood from the in-game Forgotten One, it makes for a satisfying finish on a tough boss). I'd kind of hope to see the eyes/mouths exploding or closing at least during the early stages of their Deaths.

Level 10
old gods in d house!
put yo
put yo hands up!
is that what theyre doing? lol! big thanks for uploading this tentacle bois mate
now all we need is yshaarj
i remember someone uploaded a custom model in underground before

old gods in d house!
put yo
put yo hands up!
is that what theyre doing? lol! big thanks for uploading this tentacle bois mate
He probably don't have the Y'shaarj because he is making a 'sha' pack of models? Who knows? :D

Level 29
Finally models for the Dark Trio!!
A pity that we never get to see Y'Shaarj in the game since he is dead, though.

All of them hold a special place in my heart due to several factors:
1) Their concept, design, powers and voices are terrifying, even more than the Scourge and the Burning Legion.
2) Their quotes are chilling on so many levels
C'thun: "You are already dead."
Yogg-Saron: "I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares, the fiend of a thousand faces."
N'Zoth: With every choice you make, you become more my servant."
3) The impact they left on the world. Deathwing's downfall, the Curse of Flesh, the Emerald Nightmare, the Naga... And indirectly they are responsible for Sargeras creating the Legion.
4) They take a role on nearly every expansion.

Quite a shame that the closest thing we had to a Old Gods' centered expansion was Cataclysm.

Level 27
Thank you everyone! Took quite some time to get them done but figured that they would be an extremely valuable addition and asset for people who wish to create cutscenes, maps and story with proper models. Or just for the cool factor ofcourse!

I really like these models and the amount of effort you put into them truly shows. Anyone using the Forgotten One model in their maps can just throw it out the window in favour of these beauties right away!

I do feel, however, that the textures feel a little bit flat and lifeless in a WC3 context. The wrap is also a little stretchy in places, especially on C'thun.
I'd love to see the textures touched up a bit, maybe with optional teamcolour versions added too. More detail, stronger shadows/highlights, brighter colours and more contrast. N'zoth's textures are the best of the bunch but still stand to be improved a little.

I also haven't seen them in-game, but animations on C'thun feel a little basic and iffy - and the Deaths on all 3 main models also seem a little underwhelming (I kind of like the explosion of blood from the in-game Forgotten One, it makes for a satisfying finish on a tough boss). I'd kind of hope to see the eyes/mouths exploding or closing at least during the early stages of their Deaths.
Fun fact is that I usually try to keep the textures over the top sharp and a bit blurry to keep that good ol' WC3 feeling where you sometimes have to interpret some elements yourself. Was thinking about making team colored versions too, just felt that I could release these ones for the public as a start :smile:

C'thuns texture could perhaps get a little kick, true, his skin is however pretty much as flat surface but the teeth and eyes could get a bit more love.
Exlposions and blood upon death, noted.

Their eyes are all global animations, would need a secondary geoset for them to animate them properly, some can not be hidden sadly and that's why for example C'thun doesn't do more. Something I'll look into in the future.

Finally models for the Dark Trio!!
A pity that we never get to see Y'Shaarj in the game since he is dead, though.

All of them hold a special place in my heart due to several factors:
1) Their concept, design, powers and voices are terrifying, even more than the Scourge and the Burning Legion.
2) Their quotes are chilling on so many levels
C'thun: "You are already dead."
Yogg-Saron: "I am the lucid dream, the monster in your nightmares, the fiend of a thousand faces."
N'Zoth: With every choice you make, you become more my servant."
3) The impact they left on the world. Deathwing's downfall, the Curse of Flesh, the Emerald Nightmare, the Naga... And indirectly they are responsible for Sargeras creating the Legion.
4) They take a role on nearly every expansion.

Quite a shame that the closest thing we had to a Old Gods' centered expansion was Cataclysm.

Agree, all three of them got really amazing voices, from C'thuns soulless whispers, N'zoths burdened soothsaying and Yogg-sarons horrendous laughter.
Really think they could've done more with both Yogg-saron and N'zoth, they got way too little spotlight compared to the legion being around in 4 expansions, not too mention barely any dungeons with old god theme.

He probably don't have the Y'shaarj because he is making a 'sha' pack of models? Who knows? :D
old gods in d house!
put yo
put yo hands up!

Who knows? People seem to miss the Old Goat.

Level 22
Oh my...
I really searched C'Thun non-WoW model for my Call of the Swarm campaign, and then you did this!
5/5 automaticaly!

In the RoC manual , only 5 are mentioned.
If we using Warcraft 3 Lore as cannon - yes.
But in WoW we discovered some new entities like Xal'atath (maybe she can be lesser voidspawn or avatar of destroyed Old God, killed by his brothers in Black Empire times) or G'huun (titanforged old god, like an experiment).
Because Blizzard flawlessly killed Nzoth like Sauron in Lord of Rings, I don't think that in nearest future we discover something new about Void.

Level 8
If we using Warcraft 3 Lore as cannon - yes.
But in WoW we discovered some new entities like Xal'atath (maybe she can be lesser voidspawn or avatar of destroyed Old God, killed by his brothers in Black Empire times) or G'huun (titanforged old god, like an experiment).
Because Blizzard flawlessly killed Nzoth like Sauron in Lord of Rings, I don't think that in nearest future we discover something new about Void.
I feel after Shadowlands we will hear the Void and then we will join the Old Gods against the Light.

minikony

Banned
Level 2
We have no idea what he really looked like since he never appears in the game.
All we have are pictures from Hearthstone.
We have in the Chronicles book there is picture i think it was Amanthul pulling Yshaarj and killing him with that.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 53