• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ogre Battle models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I am currently making a map based off of the SNES game "Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen" and am in need of some models. Here are some of the models I could use:

Beast Master
: Its a guy using a whip to fight. I looked around and couldnt find any models even close to what I need. Unit_Beastman_F.gif
Cleric: Female priest. Unit_Cleric_F.gif
Princess: Only one I could find looked like Peach from the Mario games. This unit would be easy to make, it could be jaina with a crown on her head or something.
Hawk Man: It looks like a male harpy with a club. It would fly and swoop down to attack. Unit_HawkMan_F.gif
Imp: A greenish demon with a scythe and wings. Unit_Imp_F.gif
Tigerman: Like a werewolf, but a tiger.
Mermaid: Female, holds a trident. Unit_Mermaid_F.gif
Angel: Female, holds an ankh/cross. Unit_Angel_F.gif
Hellhound: Three-headed dog. Unit_Hellhound_F.gif
Octopus: Slithers around and attacks by jabbing with its tentacles. Unit_Octopus_F.gif

These are the only models I really need, I have found models for all the other characters. I would give credit to anyone who made any of these. Even if somebody makes even ONE of these, I would be very grateful.

Map Description: Four player map, you build an army and fight over towns. Towns give you income with which you can buy/revive units. Each unit has its own individual level, experience, alignment, and charisma, which change after every kill. As units get stronger, they upgrade into more powerful units. Units killing units with lower alignment have their own alignment go down, so they will only be able to upgrade into evil units. Charisma goes up when killing units the same or higher level. All upgrades require some charisma, so picking on weaker units has a price. You win when you have destroyed all other players strongholds.

Level 2
For mermaid you could just use a naga, Or better yet, I seen a post on the forms not to long ago, This guy would take a weapon off any model, Might wanna try that. =)

Level 1
Thanks!

First off, thanks to everyone for helping me with this.

And, just so you know I'm actually working on it... :)

Overview.jpg

As you can see, I have the terrain almost finished (I plan on adding hills, streams, trees, etc. to make it look nicer, but I wanted to finish the units first). The players start in the corners, and you can see the towns scattered throughout the map (The five large ones are cities and give a higher income). The places in the top and bottom middle are where your units go when they die, and you can pay to revive them (more expensive than buying new units, but you keep their stats).

I didn't think of using Naga as mermaid, completely forgot about them, thanks Tear, takes care of one unit.

That imp model is perfect! It is exactly what I wanted.

A sorceress with a staff would work, but I don't know how to attach weapons to units. After I post this, I'll go look around and see if I can find a tutorial.

Also, I forgot to ask this before, anyone know how to make a units movement change depending on what type of terrain its on? That way water units would move faster in water and slower on land, mountain units faster on mountain, etc. I'm pretty sure I saw it done in a map before, just can't remember which one. This isn't too important though.

Level 1
That princess model is perfect, and so is the female angel model. They are exactly what I needed. For the movement speed changes, I think I'm gonna have an invisible neutral unit that has a aura that affects classifications (Ancients, Giants, Mechanical, etc.). That is, unless anybody has a better way.

Looking back, I don't think I need to have a model of a unit with a whip; just a whip would do (like an attachment or something). I couldn't find any, anyone know of one?

Also, I've done some terrain changes (added forest, mountains, rivers, etc):
Overview.jpg

Level 14
1.) Omg I love Ogre Battle. Fucking awesome game.
2.) Ghost is right. There are no whip attachments because attachments cannot be animated, or if they can it would be hard to do and not that many people care.

Level 3
I don't know if this helps, but the KotG has a vine-Whip. Maybe it can be copied from him to the other unit? Not sure if this can be done.

Level 1
Every unit costs one supply, except for large units which cost two (dragons, giants, octopus, etc.), and each stronghold gives 100 supply. So, its possible that there will be 400 units in one spot fighting. I doubt that will ever happen though, because the idea is to take over towns. Its better to split your army up and take multiple towns at a time. Also, you may want to leave units behind to guard your town. So while there may be huge battles going on, its more likely that there will be many small battles instead.

By the way, if a unit has a lightning attack and you give them the ability for their attacks to bounce, will the lightning bounce (giving them a chain lightning attack)? Or do I need to make a trigger to do that?

Level 14
By the way, if a unit has a lightning attack and you give them the ability for their attacks to bounce, will the lightning bounce (giving them a chain lightning attack)? Or do I need to make a trigger to do that?

If it's based off of chain lightning, then it'll work.

Level 22
if you give the huntress the chainlightning projectile, and change the projectile in the bouncing glaive ability, im pretty sure itll look like she casted chainlightning.

btw, max food is 300. i dont know anything about ogre battles, but maybe you should use this instead of the wc3 castle cliffs. just a suggestion.

Level 1
That castle wall system looks awesome, I'll check it out. It would definitely make the towns in my map look cooler. Also, when you say max food is 300, is that all players combined? Cause I only intend to have each player have 100 supply, and added up that would be 400. Also, I tried using the bouncing glaive ability with the lightning attack and it didn't work, probably because the lightning isn't a missile, it's an instant attack. So, I am just using a trigger to do it, and I think I've got it figured out. I have almost got all the units made, just need models for them.

Level 1
Well, I am finished most of my map, still need to add a bunch of units, but that shouldn't take too long. I still don't have all the models I need (beastmaster, octopus, and hawkman). Anyone know of models even a little close to what they were in the original game? Right now I am using a bandit model for the beastman, but it would look so much better if it had a whip instead. Haven't even made an octopus or a hawkman yet. I figured out the chain lightning attack, although it sucks, and if anyone knows how to do it right please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.