• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Official Map Review Template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I started working on one.
I already created basic shape and changed it twice.

So far looks easy for use and understand.
It's short and simple.
I just need to post explanations and example.

Ofc it will be acceptable for basic maps for now (AOS, hero defense etc etc)

Cinematic, Terrain/Templates and such special maps will get different one.

I still need to see what will staff say, maybe Ralle can add it into map so user can click and enter into new window or just copy and paste it etc etc.

Level 28
I don't really like templates. I find it a lot better if your review has been created specifically for that map.
If you don't have anything to say about, say, models, or sound or whatever, then don't include it in the review (templates aren't very flexible at that).
Even with 'more flexible' templates, there's still a limit to that flexibility. You might need to add/remove categories, and then what's the point of the template? Looking pretty isn't all that important when you're just trying to objectively reviewing a map.

Just my thoughts, feel free to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.