• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Off-Topic] What do you love the most in modeling?

Yous love doing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I opened this thread to see what does people like when they create models and to say what are their talents in modeling.
I guess there should be:
Mesh, UW mapping, Animating and Effects. Of course you can say that you like doing all stuff, but only one thing you can love the most :).
Personaly I love doing mesh, since I have 3ds max and it is easy to learn creating some objects, what is really interesting thing to me.
Before I got 3ds max, I liked doing effects becaus magos is really nice tool for them, It was really nice to see how I create fire, explosions, some energy things and stuff like that :).
And also I suck at making wc3-ish models, I love to make them higp-poly what is not that good for wc3 kind of games
That's enough from me, what about you?

Last edited:
Level 16
I love it when a Mesh comes together with the UVW mapping :)
but mostly it's when I'm using a custom Texture. If I'm using in-game textures, sometimes, I'll be forced to rip the mesh apart to have to accomplish anything.

Animating, I FREAKING SERIOUSLY SUUUUCCCK when it comes to animating in GMAX, the only unit I successfully animated with GMAX was my HeadCrab Model.

EFFECTS! Oh God I Love Effects, Sometimes if I just want a simple Animation where A unit shoots lasers, I give it 10 Particle Emmiters and an Omni Light to match. -True Story

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.