• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Occulard

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Occulard the deep sea dweller is an octopus shaped human.

Please give me a credit if you use or edit this model!!!

Keywords:
Octopus, Squid, Sea, Ocean, Mage, Wizard, Robe, Staff, Magic, Water, Tentacle, Corals, Deep, Sea
Contents

Occulard (Model)

Occulard (Model)

Reviews
12:11, 12th Apr 2013 Misha: okay.. you should try to wrap that coral-themed robe a little bit more careful.. fight now it is stretched in quite a few places, especially on the sleeves and shoulders, you got fleshy stuff clipping through his hood...

M

12:11, 12th Apr 2013
Misha: okay.. you should try to wrap that coral-themed robe a little bit more careful.. fight now it is stretched in quite a few places, especially on the sleeves and shoulders, you got fleshy stuff clipping through his hood, looking rather terrible, and i'm still not sure if you even need those 'ears'. the next thing that bugs me is his staff.. it's downright a tinted copy of the necromancer's.. try making it unique and to the whole octopus-wizard theme. Also.. this you can treat as a suggestion only, but why not having the robe part from the waist be actual 'skirt' of tentacles, kinda like a lich has with just fabric, only actually 'walking' with them, using the same movement as for the robe. then you can add a bit more of mesh to cover a little bit of the tentacles, like ripped pieces of the lower robe.

another thing would be to change his death sound to either faceless, unbroken, or dune worm. particles also need to be cut right in half or even to a third

EDIT: You haven't really done much at all.. the dress is the same badly wrapped mess with slapped-on TC, staff is a mish-mash of something instead of octopus or anything like that.. heck.. an impaled faceless head would look better than that.. the 'hand' holding a staff should move along with the staff, which means a part of the tentacle needs to be rigged to the staff.. and you still got things clipping through the guy's hood.. remove them. And yeah.. give the guy something that looks more like a waterlogged robe..

fix those and then we can talk..

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Wow, actually pretty interesting and quite simple to boot. I don't care for Faceless/Broken One, but I know many here do (apparently, given the amount of Faceless/Broken One models), so excellent addition. I especially love the iridescent cloak.

However, is there TC?

The base model, and faceless/unbroken, are both a bit overused, but you've done a very good job on this one, and I actually really like it.

4/5.

The staff is good enough to fit in, but if you wanted a way to improve the model, the staff has plenty of room for improvement towards epicness. The idea of changing the skirt into tentacles is pretty neat also, although that should be uploaded as a separate model, since some people might want the skirt.