1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Occulard

Submitted by Alpain
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Occulard the deep sea dweller is an octopus shaped human.

Please give me a credit if you use or edit this model!!!

Keywords:
Octopus, Squid, Sea, Ocean, Mage, Wizard, Robe, Staff, Magic, Water, Tentacle, Corals, Deep, Sea
Contents

Occulard (Model)

Occulard (Model)

Reviews
12:11, 12th Apr 2013 Misha: okay.. you should try to wrap that coral-themed robe a little bit more careful.. fight now it is stretched in quite a few places, especially on the sleeves and shoulders, you got fleshy stuff clipping through his hood,...
  1. 12:11, 12th Apr 2013
    Misha: okay.. you should try to wrap that coral-themed robe a little bit more careful.. fight now it is stretched in quite a few places, especially on the sleeves and shoulders, you got fleshy stuff clipping through his hood, looking rather terrible, and i'm still not sure if you even need those 'ears'. the next thing that bugs me is his staff.. it's downright a tinted copy of the necromancer's.. try making it unique and to the whole octopus-wizard theme. Also.. this you can treat as a suggestion only, but why not having the robe part from the waist be actual 'skirt' of tentacles, kinda like a lich has with just fabric, only actually 'walking' with them, using the same movement as for the robe. then you can add a bit more of mesh to cover a little bit of the tentacles, like ripped pieces of the lower robe.

another thing would be to change his death sound to either faceless, unbroken, or dune worm. particles also need to be cut right in half or even to a third

EDIT: You haven't really done much at all.. the dress is the same badly wrapped mess with slapped-on TC, staff is a mish-mash of something instead of octopus or anything like that.. heck.. an impaled faceless head would look better than that.. the 'hand' holding a staff should move along with the staff, which means a part of the tentacle needs to be rigged to the staff.. and you still got things clipping through the guy's hood.. remove them. And yeah.. give the guy something that looks more like a waterlogged robe..

fix those and then we can talk..

2. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    not bad

3. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I could use this as a 'Tidalmancer'. 5/5 for the win

4. solomon409

solomon409

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks cool, and can certainly be used also as a spellcaster unit for a Broken or Naga race.
    Reminds me of a certain Netherim unit from Torchlight II as well.......

5. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wow, actually pretty interesting and quite simple to boot. I don't care for Faceless/Broken One, but I know many here do (apparently, given the amount of Faceless/Broken One models), so excellent addition. I especially love the iridescent cloak.

However, is there TC?

6. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I see.. a keltuzad mixed with squidface with night elven ears..

try making something more unique. :/

7. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    This already looks unique to me

8. Lordul Dracula

Lordul Dracula

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  9. Dis_conected

Dis_conected

Resources:
    Resources:
    squid + wizard =squidward :ogre_hurrhurr:

10. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    very nice :)

11. The General

The General

Resources:
    Resources:
    looks nice would be better with more detail tho for now 4/5

12. AwzomeWulfzz

AwzomeWulfzz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Genius

13. Alpain

Alpain

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Update:
    -New Staff
    -Team Colour
    -Change Death Sound

14. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    pretty cool idea, but i think the body and staff could use a different skin/cleaner wrap. :wink:

15. huy60vn

huy60vn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice. I like it, can use for my project now. :D

16. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The base model, and faceless/unbroken, are both a bit overused, but you've done a very good job on this one, and I actually really like it.

4/5.

The staff is good enough to fit in, but if you wanted a way to improve the model, the staff has plenty of room for improvement towards epicness. The idea of changing the skirt into tentacles is pretty neat also, although that should be uploaded as a separate model, since some people might want the skirt.