• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Observers Game-Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello!

In my map, all players have one game camera that lasts the entire game.
The camera is simply the ordinary game camera but more zoomed out.

Since the game camera is triggered:

1) I wonder if the players that choose "observers" in the game lobby will see the game camera as the other players will?

2) Same goes when I watch a replay, will I see the camera as zoomed out or will I see it as the ordinary camera?

3) Or is the triggered game-camera just for the players playing in game, and when "outside" the game, triggers no longer work?

(The reason I am asking is that I have not played and saved as a replay yet cause I have not found sufficent players :mwahaha:)

Last edited:
Level 6
I haven't personally tested this, but here's what I beleive

1. Yes
2. You'll see the camera of whoever saved the replay. Same goes with floating texts, or anything else that uses the local player.
3. The replay saves the results of the triggers, e.g. camera movements and text messages. So you'll see the game more or less like it was during the game, but the triggers won't actually be running.

Level 6
No it's not possible. Like I said, it only records what actually happened. So it has no way of knowing what would have happened if you hadn't used the chat command.

Status
Not open for further replies.