• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Observer selection event

Level 7
Hello dears,

As you might know, there is a gui event that`ll make a trigger fire when a player selects an unit; like this

• Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
the thing that`s keeping me up now, is; this doesn`t work for observer players. (observers selecting stuff don`t fire the trigger)

I`ve already tried googling around, but didn`t find anything useful, so I figured to ask here for some enlightenment

<3, Sela

Level 17
Hi,
I know this is a necro thread, but I tried searching the Hive for "Observer selection" and this is the only thing that shows up.

Through a bit of a trial, I found that these can be selected by checking the (integer of the) team: for observer and referees, it is -1. Normal teams are what they are, starting 0 (i.e. lobby team minus 1).

This helped me a lot in my mod just now, so hoping someone else will find it useful too :)