• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Object Editor beep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okay, been trying to get into map editing and helping my friend with his map but I have a hard time because whenever I select a field in the object editor, my computer makes a loud beep. Whether i click it or use arrows it happens every time and I have no idea why. It's coming from my motherboard since turning my volume down doesn't help. I can still edit things no problem the beep is just really annoying. I've searched around and can't find any solutions or even people with the same problem

any help is appreciated

Level 8
Does your computer freeze up? If i ask my computer to do too much stuff it will freeze up, and when i click any buttons my computer will beep.

Level 13
from where does that beep come,from computer?,from small black thing i guess,just cut it out :D

there is an option to turn it off but its hard to find it

but

does that happen only in object editor or in some other games too?

if not than just reinstall your WarCraft

Level 13
Hmm, maybe you got a too old computer and its not really capable of dealing with WE.
I mean i have one of the better comps, not the best, but its good, and its really slow in object editor. I think its cus my processor, its just really anoyying. When i for example check/uncheck the "is a building" my comp use like 5-10 sec on thinking, before it let me work on anything again.

Level 13
Hmm, maybe you got a too old computer and its not really capable of dealing with WE.
I mean i have one of the better comps, not the best, but its good, and its really slow in object editor. I think its cus my processor, its just really anoyying. When i for example check/uncheck the "is a building" my comp use like 5-10 sec on thinking, before it let me work on anything again.

open your map>Window>set NO Brush list and WE will be like 10 times faster

Level 2
damn nvm. only worked when i didn't have a map open. it's not coming from my speakers. it basically a beep code for anyone who knows what that is. I have an alienware laptop, SLI but my processor is a little slow. I'll try reinstalling =\

Status
Not open for further replies.