1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Obelisk Defense v1.20

Submitted by scorpion182
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Map Description

This is a 6-player hero defense with the objective is to secure the obelisk from the incoming wave of monsters.
Creeps will be spawn in waves and will try to reach the obelisk. Your job is to stop the creeps in any way possible. When the obelisk destroyed or all heroes are fallen you lose the game.

Features

- 3 classes available
- 6 unique spells each class
- 25 levels
- 5 bosses
- Artificial Stupidity

Screen

Screenshots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Credits

Skins
Black_Stan, 67chrome.

Systems & Snippets
Vexorian, Moyack and Spec.

Keywords:
paladin, rogue, epic, defense, hero, obelisk, arena, creeps, creep, ai, artificial, intelligence, mage, war, fight, boss, survival
Contents

Obelisk Defense v1.20 (Map)

Reviews
19:24, 17th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 19:24, 17th Nov 2009
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    For something that's only 200 KB in file size, this maps looks to be pretty promising! Also :

"- 3 classes available
    - 6 unique spells each class
    - 25 levels
    - 5 bosses
    - Artificial Stupidity" - This requires +Rep for humor! (And a nice description in general)

I have some work to do, but I shall test and rate this map in an hour or so. Stay tuned!

Review : Small map, so the terrain doesn't have to be too fancy, enough doodads , trees, etc. (I like the winter theme / tile-set). The Obelisk's abilities : try tweaking the cool-downs, or improve the effect of each in order to survive , since the AI (or "AS") isn't too bright, just like you warned us...The abilities are pretty much o.k. , But Fire and Ice Bolt are...really weak and flimsy, please tweak. Also the Owl or whatever it is, has some black sense of humor : IT ALWAYS FLIES AWAY WHEN I WANT TO BUY ITEMS!!!... Over-all 3/5 Approved (just barely! add more classes,tweak skills, etc)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  3. LemonsDaBest

LemonsDaBest

Resources:
    Resources:
    needs to have better items because i played it and i have 8k gold, with nothing to spend but pots. bosses get too easy late game and max level 25?? i feel that it is disappointing because there is also so little quests, and the teleport ....to shop....

4. scorpion182

scorpion182

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    need item ideas :cute:

5. Kl3sk

Kl3sk

Resources:
    Resources:
    May I suggest some?

6. Lobis

Lobis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Needs a lot more heroes :)

7. scorpion182

scorpion182

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    yes, you may :grin:

i'll add more hero classes later :cute:

8. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm looks cool, might check this later and give you a mini-review:) (pm me if i forget)

9. SlayerII

SlayerII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    my review:
    :thumbs_up:Nice spells(altought some names are lame:grin:)
    :thumbs_up:ai(as XD)
    :thumbs_up:every hero have 6 spells
    :thumbs_up: good balance
    :thumbs_up:Nice stats system

:con:creeps have always same spells
    :con: all bosses have same damage(gets to easy)

:thumbs_down: only 3 heros
    :thumbs_down: only a few items

i have to give you 3/5 cause of the lack of heros/items

10. shadonavan

shadonavan

Resources:
    Resources:
    well scorpion i want to give it 5/5 just kus its urs and youve made some kick ass maps(when are you gettin back to duel jutsus!!!) but ill try it out now!