• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Obelisk Defense v1.20

Reactions: Kl3sk
Map Description

This is a 6-player hero defense with the objective is to secure the obelisk from the incoming wave of monsters.
Creeps will be spawn in waves and will try to reach the obelisk. Your job is to stop the creeps in any way possible. When the obelisk destroyed or all heroes are fallen you lose the game.
Features

- 3 classes available
- 6 unique spells each class
- 25 levels
- 5 bosses
- Artificial Stupidity

Screenshots

60653-map-development-mini-contest-2-hero-defense-s1.jpg
60654d1247703099-map-development-mini-contest-2-hero-defense-s5.jpg
60655d1247703181-map-development-mini-contest-2-hero-defense-s3.jpg

Credits

Skins
Black_Stan, 67chrome.

Systems & Snippets
Vexorian, Moyack and Spec.
Keywords:
paladin, rogue, epic, defense, hero, obelisk, arena, creeps, creep, ai, artificial, intelligence, mage, war, fight, boss, survival
Contents

Obelisk Defense v1.20 (Map)

Reviews
19:24, 17th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
For something that's only 200 KB in file size, this maps looks to be pretty promising! Also :

"- 3 classes available
- 6 unique spells each class
- 25 levels
- 5 bosses
- Artificial Stupidity" - This requires +Rep for humor! (And a nice description in general)

I have some work to do, but I shall test and rate this map in an hour or so. Stay tuned!

Review : Small map, so the terrain doesn't have to be too fancy, enough doodads , trees, etc. (I like the winter theme / tile-set). The Obelisk's abilities : try tweaking the cool-downs, or improve the effect of each in order to survive , since the AI (or "AS") isn't too bright, just like you warned us...The abilities are pretty much o.k. , But Fire and Ice Bolt are...really weak and flimsy, please tweak. Also the Owl or whatever it is, has some black sense of humor : IT ALWAYS FLIES AWAY WHEN I WANT TO BUY ITEMS!!!... Over-all 3/5 Approved (just barely! add more classes,tweak skills, etc)

Last edited:
Level 1
needs to have better items because i played it and i have 8k gold, with nothing to spend but pots. bosses get too easy late game and max level 25?? i feel that it is disappointing because there is also so little quests, and the teleport ....to shop....

Level 7
well scorpion i want to give it 5/5 just kus its urs and youve made some kick ass maps(when are you gettin back to duel jutsus!!!) but ill try it out now!