1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice

OaD 2 v1.0.3

Submitted by bowser499
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
---

Keywords:
---
Contents

OaD 2 v1.0.3 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael [img] Date: 2013/Jan/29 19:05:31 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [img] Comment:Sigh... Updated & upped the rating. [tr]Highly Recommended [img] Rules Vengeancekael [img] Date: 2012/Nov/02 00:40:35...
  1. Vengeancekael [​IMG]
    Date: 2013/Jan/29 19:05:31
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [​IMG]

Comment:
    Sigh... Updated & upped the rating.​
    Highly Recommended
    [tr]

[​IMG] Rules

Review
    Vengeancekael [​IMG]
    Date: 2012/Nov/02 00:40:35
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] [​IMG]

Comment:
    Terrain-wise there's not much to say, everything's detailed, the tile variation is well executed and it looks realistic.
    Gameplay-wise, it's the classic AoS style with 3 spells and an ultimate, while you've also included a combo system, which is kind of fun to fiddle around with. :p
    The elements system is a small addition, but I don't see it as gameplay style changing.
    You've added 2 different boss scenarios with varied spells for the bosses which is a neat idea for an AoS map, but you went too far with RPG elements in OaD: The quests you've added aren't necessary, you're deriving the game too much into the wrong direction, players should focus on PvP and on lanes.
    There's a large variety of items, you've organized them well with the single merchant.
    The custom units and models however are kind of a let-down due to the low quality, I know you're supposed to make low quality textures because of the file size limit, but this is just really bad to look at. :V
    It would've been better to use models from the models section which are of high quality while at a small file size.
    The Cosmic Mage's model/skin is a great example for this: The black cape is just really unattractive and not majestic looking at all, it looks like as if it's made of some black dirt. You've also made his eyebrows gray-white which doesn't really match the rest of his face, black would have been wiser.
    And he looks weird with just one shoulderpad.
    The Desert Mage's attack animation is also choppy looking, he always moves his legs awkwardly after every attack.
    But enough of these small details, lets just get straight to the final point:
    You've stuck to close to the generic AoS style, 3 lanes, creeps in a jungle, bosses (yours with different spells), a main building you have to destroy (but you have added a domination mode which is basically capturing 2 points to score - This is however a mode that is rather a small feature that will not be played so often, the normal mode is the main and more complex mode.
    When I approved the project as a hosted project, I was expecting your team to come up with something completely out of the box, however you've leaned too much towards the classic AoS and only done retouches, by improving upon the same idea.
    A video game comparison would be Rift and WoW, Rift being mainly the same type of game as WoW, but just having improved upon the same idea, the same questing system polished, better visuals, etc.
    Note: I totally forgot to mention the UI, yeah I guess it's fine to implement DISBTN's like that to save space.
    So to close this off, I will rate this 4/5, but will raise the rating once you've done the below things:
    • 80% of the hero selection info is the storyline of the hero which, to be honest, 90% of players don't care about. I had already told you to add a short summary of the hero's skills and main function. in the team.
    • Oasis Archer's+Desert Spearthrower's shadow image should be shrunk
    • The level indicator should be put behind the player's name in the multiboard, to save space. (and it'd look better) [Talking about the multiboard here]
    • Reduce the size of the Oasis Defender's selection circle
    Recommended
    [tr]

[​IMG] Rules
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    17:47, 21st Mar 2012
    Vengeancekael: Hurr - Approved[/tr][/tr]

2. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    GOD Finally its out! Gonna try this now.

3. The Reanimator

The Reanimator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, this looks pretty awesome.
    I'll try it out :D

4. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah bad thing is there is no AI, but terrain really looks good. And the hero selection was cool.

5. zlowly

zlowly

Resources:
    Resources:
    MAAAN!!!! FInally Out download it and review it later :D

6. Ajin

Ajin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Should you make that ricipe has holy stone and darkness stone, but there aren't there

7. jxtranghero

jxtranghero

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very inspiring both models and terrain...

8. Ajin

Ajin

Resources:
    Resources:
    You just very nice :)

9. Aphelion

Aphelion

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is what im waiting for.

10. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally i been waited for.............at last

11. shadowicz

shadowicz

Resources:
    Resources:
    quest so easy >3<

12. bowser499

bowser499

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hard quests coming soon.

13. zlowly

zlowly

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah why the recipe can't get instant crafted when i'm double click on it?
    i having much money and energy but can't have a crafted recipe item...
    please fix this so i just can click on the elemental orb recipe to get a elemental orb not so hard to craft it with set and something like that...

14. fakedrake

fakedrake

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally it's out XD

15. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great to see this on public beta. Gonna check this out soon, great work on this project!

16. frostloh

frostloh

Resources:
    Resources:
    My feelings about finally having a new AoS map that I am excited about would require a surfeit of profanity to express fully, in a good way.

I don't like getting negrep, bans and all that stuff though, so just a 5/5 and much respect for pulling this off.:thumbs_up:

17. Ajin8642

Ajin8642

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is this have quest? Where shall i go to get an quest's?

18. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay my review for this is

TERRAIN 5/5
    ITEMS 5/5
    SKILLS 3.5/5
    HEROES 3.6/5

Where's the creeps anyway?..why they don't spawning?..not the neutrals..but if there is no creeps then fine.Anyway my total average for this is

TOTAL 4/5 I LIKE! LOL

I don't mean that skills and heroes are not good but it's better if there's more.

19. Kauss

Kauss

Resources:
    Resources:
    The creep spawns when I play the game. No errors.