• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Nub question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How u add buffs to spells?
I tried to add slow to flame strike.
i saw the buff when i clicked on the units and looked at their status.
I even made the duration to 18 secs but they walked at the same rate as b4.....:sad:

Level 17
Start off by making an ability based off of spell book. Then another of endurance aura. Set the bonus of endurance aura to -0.10. Add the ability to the spell book . Then make a trigger like this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Strike
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Flame Strike) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Picked unit)
        • Player - Disable Spell Book for (Owner of (Picked unit))
        • Wait 18.00 game-time seconds
        • Unit - Remove Spell Book from (Picked unit)
Spell book=name of your ability we just made(the one base off of spell book).

Level 3
Don't change the buff. Change the ability.

A "buff" in the World Editor is just an icon at the bottom of a unit's profile that eventually flashes off and signifies that the ability's effect is coming to an end.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
hvo-busterkomo that trigger does not even work. . . Really you should learn to trigger before trying to help people.

Remember guys, you can not use wait in a "Unit Group - Pick every unit in . . ." action. Anyway your trigger would leak even if you could use waits where you did.

Simply use jass to do it, by storing the group in a local and simply using another pick after the timer to remove all the spells.

Or you can use the dummy caster method and have them cast slow.

Last edited:
Level 17
hvo-busterkomo that trigger does not even work. . . Really you should learn to trigger before trying to help people.

Remember guys, you can not use wait in a "Unit Group - Pick every unit in . . ." action. Anyway it would leak if you did.

Simply use jass to do it, by storing the group in a local and simply using another pick after the timer to remove all the spells.

Or you can use the dummy caster method and have them cast slow.

Why insult me? I see no real purpose in that....
I had no time to test my trigger before and yes, you are right, it does not work 100%, it requires a slot modification:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Flame Strike
  • Actions
    • Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Flame Strike) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Add Spell Book to (Picked unit)
        • Player - Disable Spell Book for (Owner of (Picked unit))
        • Wait 18.00 game-time seconds

how bout make a dummy unit with the spell "Thunder Clap" but make the thunder clap do no damage and the buff last (however long u want the slow) with the AoE of the flamestrike and trigger

• Slow Strike
  • Events
    • Unit - Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability - Ability being cast equal to flamestrike
  • Actions
    • Unit - create "dummy" at target point of ability being cast
    • Unit - Order last created unit to Thunder clap
    • Unit - Add a 5 second generic timer to last created unit
Sorry if thats confusing, i didnt use WE to make it. but i think that would work.

Level 4
fdger34563qg7.png

I have tryed it out and and no action can be localize an picked unit after the wait action!

(so in your trigger
is not working)

Level 2
so wait theres no way for me to make a custom spell based off of carrion swarm
and have it banish or slow the unit it hits unless i make a trigger??
I thought it would've worked if i made a custom effect add apply it to the spell in the section where it says effect.

Level 34
Pretty sure there has to be a dummy caster, I spent a while looking once, couldn't find anything. The only thing I thought of was add an aura that does nothing then make the buff on the aura the buff you want. Pretty crappy way to do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.