• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Now I am tired of spells that use the wrong events, READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
As a moderator I have to check every single spell that comes, most of them are good, but are ruined by using the wrong event, now it goes:

All about ability events

A unit begins Casting an ability and A unit Begins Channeling an ability :
- Are the same thing
- Run before The Hero spends his mana / cooldown, and can be abused
- Are only worth when you want to stop a spell if it doesn't follow some conditions (check my Corpse Explosion spell)
- Don't keep event responses after waits.

A unit starts the effect of an ability
This is the event you should use to detect an ability, it happens after the hero spends his mana / cooldown and keeps the event responses during the channeling.

IT DOESN'T MATTER if the spell is channeling you must use this event to detect when a hero starts using it.

A unit stops casting an ability:
Is the event you use to tell if a hero stoped channeling a spell, so YOU SHOULDN'T USE ORDER EVENTS for that, because:
- There are orders that don't stop channeling spells
- that won't detect stun-

THIS EVENT DOESN'T HAVE TARGET EVENT RESPONSES

A unit finishes casting an ability
This event should be used only in the more special situations like flame strike, where the hero must channel a spell succesfully, this event is fired when a hero finishes channeling an ability , and it wasn't because a given order or a stunning ability

THIS EVENT DOESN'T HAVE TARGET EVENT RESPONSES

Status
Not open for further replies.