1. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Nova Covert Ops - Release of Mission Pack Two

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Shar Dundred, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Nova Covert Ops - Release of Mission Pack Two

Today, Mission Pack Two to of the Nova Covert Ops has been released on Battle.net along with the
    3.5.0 patch of StarCraft II!

What is Nova Covert Ops?
    The "Nova Covert Ops Mission Packs" contain a new campaign for the StarCraft II story.
    As the name reveals, the protagonist of this campaign is the Dominion Ghost Agent November "Nova" Terra.
    If you have played the previous StarCraft II titles, you might remember her from the other campaigns.
    As Nova, you awaken at a strange place and can't remember what happened. You have to escape and get back to the Dominion to fight a movement that endangers Emperor Valerian's rule while also endangering the population of the Dominion itself with reckless actions.
    Being in charge of a special elite unit that has access to the newest Terran technology, you can customize your forces more than you have ever been able to in the other campaigns.
    Do you want your Siege Tanks to jump on cliffs or would you rather have them require no Tech Lab anymore? There are many different ways to play the Nova Covert Ops that allow you to play around as you wish!

What does the new Mission Pack/Patch offer?
    First off, of course, it offers three new missions that give you full access to more units and additional technology.
    Permanently cloaked Banshees, jumping Goliaths, instantly transformed Liberators and much more!

Additionally, there are new skins for units in the editor. The already existing Tal'darim protoss skins have now their own portraits and more Terran units have gained their own special skins for Nova's special forces.
    Also, new terrain objects have been added!

2. Rao Dao Zao

Rao Dao Zao

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oooh, nice. I wasn't particularly impressed with the first mission pack, but the third mission was the best so hopefully the campaign will hit its stride in this pack. Certainly if they're putting Goliaths back on the menu that's a positive sign (jumpjet Goliaths do sound lovely).

I'm still not convinced that having Nova build armies is entirely the best use of her character (isn't she meant to be a solo operative?), but ah well, more singleplayer content can't go amiss. Maybe we can get a Karax+Alarak mission pack once Nova is done? I reckon there's a hilarious buddy-cop series in there.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm waiting for the whole pack.

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not all playable from what I understood. I meant waiting for all of it to be available as in players to be able to play all the missions.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    C'mooon. DLC?! REALLY?! Tsk. And only a ghost skin. Darn.

7. DD Mikasa

DD Mikasa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Welp i found whith what i will be spending my weekend now!

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    By the way, this ties in with Diablo III patch 2.4.2.