• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Notepad++ vJASS Highlighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
N++ Highlighter
Contrast.png
“It takes sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. There would be no rainbows without sunshine and rain.”
― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Available Highlighters
Instructions are available on the link.
If you want to add yours here, just say so below.

Last edited:
Level 6
Rainbows are beautiful but this is visual pollution. Even the WE plain text is better.
The use of many colours just makes the opposite, harder to read than normal...
Hahah, that's just some random quote I picked from the net. Though I still find it's meaning to be very deep, very deep indeed.

Anyway, it's really really just me then, that I find the colorful one more helpful than the usual highlighter. To me, reading textmacros was a pain without auto-highlighting the macro-arguments. And even not talking about textmacros, I found my jassing experience to be significantly better after switching into that rather wacky highlighter. I'm quite sure this is related to how brain reads colors faster than it reads words, so colors will somehow tell the brain what category the words are, thus increasing reading efficiency and improving the thought processes that happen after the reads. Just my theory.

But to be honest, this highlighter is the first ever wacky highlighter that I now see everyday, my usual lua highlighter is just plain ordinary with black background. I honestly had zero intention of ending up with this color hurricane, all I did was CnP Nestharus' highlighter, then I started editing it to use a black background. But what happened after that is, I experimented with coloring stuffs here and there, and eventually regrouping the keywords to different colors, and ending up with what you see there. The screenshot sums up the best thing it does, textmacro highlighting, which I find to be the most helpful.

All of those aside, this thread is not supposed to host just that highlighter. I'm not working on any other at the moment, but perhaps someone might try to update Nes' outdated highlighter, or just come up with one of their own, who knows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.