• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Not prepered map -> based on comicbook game

Status
Not open for further replies.
An RPG based on another computer game: Freedom Force

* A leakless, skirmish map that has faster loading time (uneditable)
* Is way, way far from be ready to be published
* It could be used to play a skirmish with up to 4 players knowing you cant reach the maximum level XD.
* It has nice ideals to it that you could apply to your map
("how you did that" is welcome to be asked)

* The creator is me, named "annonimus" as I belive glory is meanningless
-> so if you want to help me to make it more enjoyable, please note me about bugs.

Enjoy.

Edit: latest version found in the following comments.

Edit:
Also, if you need a beta tester I would fit for it, since im bored of normal warcraft games lately.

Last edited:
Level 25
Played for a bit.

loading screen - double title, looks bad. put a better description in load screen.
set "black mask partially visible" to false
why are there flying machines
"8th boss of hyranda was defeated" at map start after i chose heroes
terrain is very bland (bad), improve it. add some doodads here and there, sprinkle different tiles. look up tutorials.
heroes shouldnt start with so many skills, it overloads a new player with information. better learn them one at a time.
make the starting area bigger, add more small creep camps for heroes to gain 2-3 levels before engaging boss areas.
if you hit a retreating enemy and he retreats again, he retreats towards you.
eve lock arrow is very slow.
most skills look very underwhelming, add more sfx and work on the animation times.
reduce the size of floating texts for: %hp remaining, retreat
get models that better represent the heroes from FF. the only one that fit was manbot.
the map itself and quests seem to have nothing to do with FF. rather terrain a modern city, and fight against Nuclear Winter. draw inspiration from the game.
one of the best parts of FF was how you could pick up like a car and through it, or use a lamp post as a melee weapon. add this functionality for some heroes.

tooltips:
Unavadable Arrow -> Unevadable Arrow
Kiss, "Attemp" -> Attempt
Improved Weaponds -> Improved Weapons

It definitely needs a lot of work.

The most important thing I believe is that you actually make it Freedom Force. Right now, it's just some ideas from FF placed in a Warcraft map with Warcraft creeps, which is something we've all played hundreds of times before.

If you want to stick with the FF theme, I suggest you:
- Get some modern doodads and re-terrain the whole thing into a city
- Creeps should be from the FF world, e.g. gangsters

Played for a bit.

loading screen - double title, looks bad. put a better description in load screen.
set "black mask partially visible" to false
why are there flying machines
"8th boss of hyranda was defeated" at map start after i chose heroes
terrain is very bland (bad), improve it. add some doodads here and there, sprinkle different tiles. look up tutorials.
heroes shouldnt start with so many skills, it overloads a new player with information. better learn them one at a time.
make the starting area bigger, add more small creep camps for heroes to gain 2-3 levels before engaging boss areas.
if you hit a retreating enemy and he retreats again, he retreats towards you.
eve lock arrow is very slow.
most skills look very underwhelming, add more sfx and work on the animation times.
reduce the size of floating texts for: %hp remaining, retreat
get models that better represent the heroes from FF. the only one that fit was manbot.
the map itself and quests seem to have nothing to do with FF. rather terrain a modern city, and fight against Nuclear Winter. draw inspiration from the game.
one of the best parts of FF was how you could pick up like a car and through it, or use a lamp post as a melee weapon. add this functionality for some heroes.

tooltips:
Unavadable Arrow -> Unevadable Arrow
Kiss, "Attemp" -> Attempt
Improved Weaponds -> Improved Weapons

It definitely needs a lot of work.

The most important thing I believe is that you actually make it Freedom Force. Right now, it's just some ideas from FF placed in a Warcraft map with Warcraft creeps, which is something we've all played hundreds of times before.

If you want to stick with the FF theme, I suggest you:
- Get some modern doodads and re-terrain the whole thing into a city
- Creeps should be from the FF world, e.g. gangsters

Wow thanks! that is way , way more information than I expected!. :ogre_haosis:
My map would never have had such magnisifant ideals without your Epic Review!.
And about the description:
"I have left my post once ,
I will not do so again
No matter WHAT is the cost"
^ This was told by Order the moment before he was shot nearly to death.
I kept saying that to myself so that I never forget http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/freedom-force-v3-2-a-122761/
My past, without using points, hence rejected, epic post.

Your Ideals are very good and I decided to follow them to the TI.
Did you mean that the text should be this small or did I overdid it?

***Edit: posted new version, and I keep following your suggestions to an absolute percision.

Attachments

• Freedom Force V0.083.w3x
    381.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.