• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not Needed - Animator (Full Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I sent you a PM with the link to the model, in mdl form.

Just so you know, their wings should be folded during most of these, not spread out. I just spread them out so you can assign bones to them easier.

You can make them stand on two legs during an animation if you wish, for example on Scorch's Spell Summon you could have her lift her arms in the air or something.

Don't worry about particles. I'll add those.

Now these are the animations:

• Global
    • Walk (one or two)
    • Stand 1 (doing nothing)
    • Death (slightly different variations for each)
    • Dissipate (slightly different variations, but make Lirch get dragged up by his tail or leg or something :D )
  • Optional
    • Portrait
    • Portrait Talk
  • Pyritie
    • Stands (one can be him looking at artifact, another looking around)
    • Attack (holds up/out artifact) (you can do a variation or two if you wish)
    • Spell (holds up artifact, also opens wings)
    • Glide (wings are open and gliding (no flapping, no opening/closing wings)
    • Eat (stands and then opens mouth to eat something, like in pancakes game)
  • Lirch
    • Stands (one can be him sniffing the air or something, another can be him chasing his tail or something funny (if it's too hard then you don't have to do that one)
    • Attacks (he's melee, so like a swipe or bite or whatever)
    • Walk Alternate (headbutting, running)
    • Attack Alternate (headbutt finish)
    • Spell Throw (He's going to be throwing some dirt)
    • Attack Slam (when he does a critical)
    • Eat (just CnP from Pyritie's)
  • Scorch
    • Stands (looking around or something)
    • Attacks (shooting from mouth/hand)
    • Spell Channel
    • Spell Summon
    • Walk alternate (sorta like Pyritie's, but flailing her arms around like she was thrown out of a catapult)
    • Death alternate (the ending of walk alternate where she splats on the ground, pauses for a second or two, then gets up.)
  • Firch
    • Yet more stands (could be like looking at his "watch" or something)
    • Attacks (shooting from hand or something)
    • Spell
    • Spell Channel
    • Spell Summon (can be CnP of Scorch's if you want)
    • Spell Ultimate (his uber time stop spell, this should look really cool)
  • Pirch
    • Stands (maybe scratching or sighing or something)
    • Attacks (same as Firch and Scorch)
    • Spell
  • Coalch
    • Stands, lol
    • Attacks (he's also melee, but stronger than lirch, so maybe some headbutts/kicks or something)
    • Spell
    • Spell Slam (like war stomp)
    • Walk Alternate (running)
    • Attack Alternate (finish of walk alternate and does an uppercut)

Phew, long list!

I hope you're not overwhelmed by all this :p

Last edited:
Walking. Flying everywhere would be too tiring.

Pyritie, that's not as tiring as you think.

Birds have very strong heart beats and light yet solid bodies/bones, so they can sustain themselves in the air for a long time. Some glide to "rest" for while, and a certain albatross can even sleep while gliding.

I doubt dragons would be any different.

Besides, this is Warcraft. A game where catapults drive themselves. There's no need for realism.

Besides, this is Warcraft. A game where catapults drive themselves. There's no need for realism.

True dat. But remember I'm trying to detach myself from the whole "constraints" of this wc3 stigma where claims like that ruin the integrity of the storyline.

When I show people this project so far, when they see the WC3 TFT splash screen come up they're like "What? Warcraft? No playing WoW! We want to see your campaign" And I have to tell them that wc3 is just a platform system.

But yeah. Oh, and the wings in my models look like poop. They'd look bad flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.