• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nostradamus

My first mace!! Well, something overdone... But that's my style, guys!! =)

*Update 1: No blades, added a Lightning animated texture, and resize... "Thanks to Ampharos_222 and Frankster for the advice".

*Update 2: That's all I can do with the particle emitters, Less than half for sure but I don't know how much exactly.

187760-albums4618-picture47724.jpg

187760-albums4618-picture47685.jpg

Who is Nostradamus?

Keywords:
Mace, Blue, Label, great, overdone, green, lighting, hard, lightning, KayS, Marmelade!
Contents

Nostradamus (Model)

Reviews
Frankster: Very nice idea and cool execution. This model got your personal charm. Works in-game and performs well.

M

Moderation: xx:xx, xxth Month xxxx
Frankster:
Very nice idea and cool execution. This model got your personal charm.
Works in-game and performs well.

I like the model, but the name doesn't really fit. Nostradamus predicted events to happen, he didn't make bad-ass maces. Still, it's a nice model :)

191965-albums4805-picture47787.jpg

Nostradamus was actually a *doom prophet*, not a weapon, you would rename the mace into Undead Fire-Frost-Crusher or Elemental Deathbringer (--> the *blue-marked* emitters).
The handle should definitly be thicker. I suppose it's a 2-hand-mace. So if the handle is that thin, it looks a bit unnaturaly. In fact how should it be able to carry along the weight of the *striking part*?
I think the green-marked emitter should be completly removed, as there is no actual purpose of enchanting the handle of a weapon.
The red-marked *horn-blades* should either be removed or *straightened* and scaled (bigger), so that they face exactly downward like the spikes of a morning star.
Eventually you could remove those *hornblades* from the entire mace, and place them on the yellow-marked edges of the *middle-box*.
Those changes are just my oppinion to it. It's up to you what you will change/re-edit. Otherwise it's a good model, fantastic use of emitters (my favorite's are the blue-marked ones), and GJ! Would give it a 4/5 as my first rating, but after taking a closer look, i considered that it deserves a 5/5 coz of the creative idea, the excellent emitter-use and because of the versatile use as a dark elemental weapon and undead stuff. Fits fine into both! GJ :goblin_yeah:

Red

Red

Level 26
@_@ It looks very mismatched; skulls don't really blend well with verdant green bear carvings, and the different particles just seem to be strewn around just for the hell of it.

Overall not bad - and a good, original idea, but it just looks like you had too many ideas going at once.

Level 16
Markos3520 said:
Nostradamus was actually a *doom prophet*

First line of wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
Michel de Nostredame (14 or 21 December 1503[1] – 2 July 1566), usually Latinised to Nostradamus, was a French apothecary and reputed seer who published collections of prophecies that have since become famous worldwide.

SO NOSTRADAMUS IS A SEER WHO WROTE A BOOK OF PROPHECIES? That has absolutely nothing to do with predicting events to happen. I mean come on, what kind of bullshit is that? Only doom prophets can predict things to happen, right?

Wikipedia said:
Nostradamus has attracted a following that, along with the popular press, credits him with predicting many major world events.

GOD DAMN IT WIKIPEDIA! So he's a seer who wrote a book of prophecies that predicted many major world events. Well you caught me, I definitely wasn't right about this.

Beef_is_back said:
Nostradamus predicted events to happen, he didn't make bad-ass maces.

Oh wait, yes I was. Sorry Markos, but you just got served.

Level 16
Hahaha my brother would laugh his ass out about this xd we used to joke "to automatically get your models recommended on hive, add as much lazer shooting out, fire burning and electric sparks flying around your weapon as possible. Mods love that".

Pretty nice model btw

My models are not a large stick with a lot of particle emitters, I'm only looking for the universal beauty :) Something that likes to all the users that appreciate the good job.

Level 3
Make the handle longer and thicker and it's gonna be totally insane!!! and if you made a version without those horns on the top or I i was allowed to remove them for own use :)
+rep for a vicked sick mace