• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend: The Aftermath - looking for Terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Greetings everyone, i'm an author of the "Northrend the Aftermath" map which has some similarities with the famous "Lordaeron The Aftermath". The work on this map started from modifying an old Harald's map "Rise of the Lich King", which i was granted permission to continue.

Gameplay:

This is a strategy map where you are given control over one of the 11 factions who fight each other. The map is based on a Warcraft 3 TFT to WOW story, which starts at the moment of Arthas's landing in Northrend and Illidan's teleportation from Outland with goal to destroy the Frozen Throne.

All factions have unique faction paths and each of them is given second chance if one fails near the very beginning of the game (ex. if Illidan loses to Scourge, he will be given control over the Ebon Blade). There is a huge variety of units, heroes, faction paths and triggered spells. All the events are based on Warcraft 3 and WOW lore.

Working Progress:

The map is nearly complete, many bugs have been fixed during the last year of work. All that remains to be finished is map's terrain (and bugs which that are yet to be found).
The release is planned to be in Winter 2018 (or something like that, depends on the time by which the landscape will be completed - a month, approximately).

There are some screenshots attached to this post. At the moment I'm looking for a terrainer who can do something similar to the stuff depicted there. The terrain should look like WOW terrain and be comfortable for playing on it, you can use WOW maps for it.

Some Advices:

Some of the locations do not yet exist and have to be created from scratch(ex. Ulduar). The Azjol-Nerub can be taken from one of these User:GoldenYak/Spider Kingdom Expansion Concept maps. Some locations that are already completed need to be expanded to become more defensible, like Shadow Vault and Silverbrook. A number of other ones needs to be finished (ex. Azjol-Nerub).

While editing this map you may face some serious lags because of it's size, but this problem is very common among big maps. Currently, I'm editing map with WC3 1.27b version with Jass Newgen Pack, it is much more stable than SharpCraft, but you also can edit it on 1.26 version. Anyway, map may crash during editing, especially if you delete something in Object Editor, so you will have to save more often, like every 10-20 minutes.

So, if you are interested, contact me in PM or write to this thread, it will be good if you send me some of your landscapes. You are free to import any stuff, but terrain palette is already made, it will be troublesome to modify it. If you need, I can help you with your project if you help me.
I have knowledge of VJass and Jass, can make triggered abilities.

Pallete1.jpg

Pallete2.jpg

Valgarde, starting base of Alliance Expedition.
valgarde.jpg

Palace of the Spider Queen, current Nerubians main base.
Nerubians.jpg

Valliance Keep, Stormwind Expedition capital.
Valliance keep.jpg

Dwarf starting base in Azjol-Nerub.
dwarf.jpg

Silverbrook, Trappers capital, it need to be expanded.
Trappermainbase.jpg

New Heartglen, capital of Scarlet Onslaught.
scarlet.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.