• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend Bound v1.85

Northrend Bound
Brought to you by: Wark
Discord: https://discord.gg/pq5xEJYVPk

The old kingdom has fallen into disarray.
It is broken and divided, but not all is lost.
The people seek a new leader to face the trials of the North.
Will you rise to the cause?
There will be many challenges and choices. Allies and enemies.
To be a tyrant or a hero, the decision is yours.

Need info? Check out this item reference chart by Insanity_AI:
Northrend Bound Spreadsheets

Requires the latest version of Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne

Summary

Races and Strategies

Development Info

Changelog

Credits

Screenshots

Introduction:
Northrend Bound is a strategy-RPG game.
It is based in an alternate Warcraft universe where something happened to the human kingdom of Northrend.
You are a lowly wanderer (of varying races) determined to become the next king. How you do it? That's completely up to you.
My goal is to make something that's as fun as possible, with many different ways to go about playing the game.

Synopsis:
The old kingdom is all but gone.
A decade ago, dark magic washed over these lands and exacted a terrible price.
The forests, are dying.
The mountains, are in perpetual frost.
The animals become more aggressive day by day.
Undead roam the coasts,
and the Queen has shut out her people. She hasn't been seen since that day.
What do you hope to accomplish, wanderer?

Features include but are not limited to:

• Single player OR co-op OR free-for-all. Can add computer players.
  • Hunting, fishing, mining, farming, lumber gathering, digging, trading, base building
  • Crafting with over 200 items
  • Multiple ways to develop your characters
  • "QWER - DFG" hotkeys for skills
  • "-help" and other in-game commands with game modes
  • Kick-ass backpack system
  • Semi-balanced races; they have strengths and weaknesses
  • Unit ranking system
  • Morality system based on reputation with the townsfolk
  • Naval combat
  • Espionage through direct and indirect means
  • A focus on town building, hero development, or a combination of the two
  • Different ways to win: conquest victory (destroy all other players or capture all towns), heroic victory (kill all bosses), economic victory (have "x" gold, players vote)

To pick your race:
Select your race at the start the game!
Human: (starting stats: 8 Str, 8 Agi, 8 Int)
- Round-all race, armored infantry, strong casters, no air units, more diplomatic options

Orc: (starting stats: 9 Str, 8 Agi, 7 Int)
- Units have higher health and damage, but cost more food. Better at conventional warfare. Upgrades make units level up faster (more experience in battle)

Undead: (starting stats: 8 Str, 7 Agi, 9 Int)
- Weaker yet cheaper units, more options to harass players.

Elf: (starting stats: 7 Str, 9 Agi, 8 Int)
- Units have less armor but are more mobile. Ideal for hit and run tactics. Significant advantages at night.

Dwarf: (starting stats: 9 Str, 7 Agi, 8 Int)
- Units are more costly, but more hardy. More mechanical and siege units available.

Unit Counters:
Different units will prove much more effective against their counters.
It's like rock-paper-scissors-water-dynamite:

- Cavalry are good at rushing infantry, archers, and siege units
- Polearm units impale cavalry units
- Archers and towers can pick off polearm units, flying units and casters
- Infantry with shields slaughter archers and are good fodder to siege base towers . . . if they can get close!
- Casters generally counter infantry, but are better used as support.
- Siege units demolish buildings and have no counters to their damage type, but are slow and vulnerable . . . usually
- Air units are strong against most ground units, except archers or towers
- Battleships demolish ground units, buildings and other ships
- Frigates destroy air units

Example Starting Strategies:
1) Start as a hunter, build a tent somewhere for a "lumber base", hire some Thugs from a tavern to harvest your lumber, go hunting for gold, build up from there.

2) Start as a fisherman, find a fisherman's guild for a shovel, go to the corner of the map somewhere, dig and fish for gold, sell accumulated riches, buy lumber, start a base.

3) Say sod building, talk to villagers, gain the "silver tongue" achievement, trade goods between markets for gold, gear up, go do dungeon quests to level up, kill armies with your hero.

The current progress of the map is as follows:

Dungeons: 100%
Lore: 99%
Races: 100%
Terrain: 100%

Systems: 98%
Tutorial: 100%
Unit Data: 100%

To Do:
- Introduction and ending cinematics
- Add info on elites and bosses

Deadline for next update:
Pending

Map Release: August 25, 2017 (version 1.0)
  • Version 1.68: Conquest victory through controlling neutral towns now has a 4 minute timer so other players can react. Adjusted some spell mana costs. Corrected some in game messages. Moved around some lore objects to make them more visible (bottles, signs, graves, books, and spirits).
  • Version 1.69: Updated colour schemes for the lastest version of WC3. Made some minor terrain palette changes. Did prepwork for a major ocean/calamity event update.
  • Version 1.74: Increased player limit to 12. Adjusted zombie AI drastically. Fixed the multiboard and added a clock. Changed the UI to something more appropriate. Added a "-friend" game mode so all players can start off allied. Magic offhands can now be combined. Fixed bugs with game modes. Fixed a zombie problem. Fixed player numbers for dug up units. Fixed a problem with bosses and defeat.
  • Version 1.75: Pickaxes now deal double damage to structures and can mine ores from deposits. Axes now can chop trees. Fixed some text in quest dialogues. Added the Demon Invasion calamity. Added the Nature's Wrath miracle. Items can now stack in full inventories (does not apply to buying items), and right clicking stacks now split them equally. Computer players will now have different scripting and random start locations.
  • Version 1.76: Fixed a bug with despawning the Shrine of Chaos. Turtles no longer give bounty. Fixed a bug with the 3 moons key.
  • Version 1.79: Changes to lighting and map limits! Player limits will be reduced to 8 once again, and the file size will be maintained at below 8 MB. Changed the Cavalry Charge ability for some cavalry type units. Vaults now provide 6 food for the Hero techtree. Reduced experience scaling from crafting. Buffed Fenris. Touched up some terrain. Fixed some lighting. Tweaked again for backwards compatibility.
  • Version 1.80: Bug fixes for the dungeon entrances.
  • Version 1.82: Summoned unit and content update! Added a new mercenary camp in the south by the ruined village. Reverted lighting back to normal, for now. Buffed Tinker summons and removed the bomb ability. Increased tree health and regrowth rates. The backpack now has a toggle option to force summoned units to follow the Hero that summoned them. Changed the AI script completely for the Forces of Chaos. Removed animals that spawn in base locations. Adjusted the formulas for item market values to have a longer recovery time. Added inventory to Orc units. Fixed the "Green Thumb" perk. Added a Troll Hero to the Frost Gate mercenary camp. Limited Dry Docks to 2 and Naval Batteries to 5 per player. Fixed a graphical glitch with green stuff everywhere. Zombies now decay in sunlight during the day.
  • Version 1.84: Hotfixes to the blood moon event, Gnoll Poacher, and troll arena. Tweaked summons AI a bit and limited zombie populations. Added the "-give" command to give selected units to different player numbers.
  • Version 1.85: Skeletal pirates now roam and attack bases. Worn Chain and Bandit Leather can now be used for crafting tier 2 armor. Buffed Nimble Gloves. Increased boss hit points while reducing some of their spell damage. New craftable accessory: Safeguard Amulet. Buffed tentacles. Fixed the item duping bug. Increased zeppelin cost. Increased Bloodmoon cost. Added the Naga, which becomes unlockable through a quest (hint: requires fishing). Added some reefs and shallow waters for possible aquatic bases.

The custom models and icons in this map are not my own.
A special thanks to the following people for making some awesome models and icons, or otherwise helping me in the making of this map:

- Special Thanks -
monkeyboy15, for testing my map
TC_Firestar, for the shoulderpads
steamgirl.arisu, for the loading screen
ShadeGabriel and Sifonseal, for the inspiration
Insanity_AI, for his spreadsheet

- Coding Help -
Maker, Laercio, ColdBone, NFWar, Paladon, Svetli, Spinnaker, Fruit Forest, Bribe

- Models and Icons-
Sin'dorei300, Sunchips, Blood Raven, AndrewOverload519, Wandering Soul, skrab, Ket, communist_orc, Illidan(Evil)X, HerrDave, Minimage, Ergius, CRAZYRUSSIAN, HappyTauren, graystuff111, Mythic, LoDown, !!GORO!!, Stanakin, Ujimasa Hojo, Kitabatake, Muoteck, JollyD, Eagle XI, Mr.Goblin, Elenai, Direfury, Tranquil, General Frank, -Grendel, epsilon, Tenebrae, Kuhneghetz, Laercio, CoLd Bon3, KILLCIDE, Em!, ~Nightmare, San, inhuman89, Mr. Bob, Deolrin, darkdeathknight, Lockheart, The Weird Human, stan0033, 00110000, Chriz, Uncle Fester and Blizzard Entertainment

Previews:
See below for samples of gameplay, terrain, and features!

Northrend Bound v1.85 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Avoid playing music through the sound channel. Use the other Play Music trigger. And stop playing it every time the day/night starts or does it just play from time to time? Why fade to black and out when night/rain comes? Did you credit the original...
Level 13
Yes, I removed some custom dwarf buildings to make space.
Even though Blizzard increased the game hosting size, there still seems to be some bugs with hosting overly large games.
Plus, I wanted this game to still be available for those who play in countries like Brazil, China or Indonesia.
Many players use Garena and such, and the file size limit is still under 8MB.

I'll check the bug with the bandit techtree thing, and will probably have another fix out with some new things to test. I think I need to update the object data for the AI.

Level 2
Hello, I just found out about your map today, and great work congrats. But i was confused with the trading part. In original FOTN, goods had info on them in which cities they were cheap and in which they were expensive. For example furs were cheap in the north, but expensive in south, and info like that helped you figure out from where should you resell goods to earn money

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Hello, I just found out about your map today, and great work congrats. But i was confused with the trading part. In original FOTN, goods had info on them in which cities they were cheap and in which they were expensive. For example furs were cheap in the north, but expensive in south, and info like that helped you figure out from where should you resell goods to earn money

Hello, I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for the base discount and regional price for the goods.

Level 5
You can fish and dig(with the shovel) for shit tons of exp my friend got 10 levels ahead of me he also (overral you get too much exp even in higher levels and due to the low cd high exp reward no place or anything required)
got some good items (legendary from killing a skeleton and a level 3 accesory)
You may want to increase the item despawn time i tried to recover my loot but it dissapeared in front of my eyes
I like how there are event and pings to know where but what about the vampires and roaming undead ? i got super rekt by them and i had no idea they were hunting in the night
I went to a pirate spotting event but there were no pirates do they move? or did they get rekt by the roaming creatures of the night?
At one moment one of my friends lost his skills and i got one of his (insane left jab) also troubles while trying to get the skills (when equipping it)
Ol´molly spawned inside the terrain and couldnt move
Longbow when upgraded goes to elven crossbow (1.0 atackspeed to >1.5 - Damage +15 to damage +25 and longbow has orb effect (allegedly since it says it doesn stack with orb effects) while crossbow has critical) and well the tier 3 dagger has 1.0 atackspeed 40 dmg and 20% crit (i know that its melee vs ranged but you lose atackspeed when upgrading the bow :( )
why do mounted hypogriph archers have 200 range?
When a hero dies inside a zepelin over the sea his backpack content drops in a town instead of shore ? (we found the items in the nearest town plaza ) also when the zepellin gets killed on land and the hero falls to the ground his backpack also drops all items on the floor
Zephyr (the bow from leviathan) poison is too weak 5 dmg per tick (even the zombie arm has a better passive)
Flintlock when upgraded gives 7 dmg 5 agi no ability while the quiver from the shop upgraded gives 5 damage 7 agi 25% trueshot aura and the main gauche (upgraded shiv from shop) gives 7 dmg 5 agi and 20% atackspeed so in regards to off hands the ones from the shop are superior to the one that drops from the leviathan
When we activated blood moon the zombies spawned near my base but just when to look for red player (he made a base to the left of the starting point) the zombies are kinda weak... and the town towers shouldnt be inmortal since its a calamity make it so they can actually take down towns and make them a undead capital or something of the sorts for a higher challenge maybe spawn a boss when they destroy a town also the zombies got stuck in the town because the towers keep killing them and the guards just respawned they should stop spawning during blood moon or turn into stronger zombies when killed prob also become stronger every now and the then until the sun rises
When my friends finished the last boss without me even though we were allied they were the only ones who won is this a bug or intended?
We didnt found the third treasure map location and we spended quite a lot of time

Last edited:
Level 5
I think you should swap the mayors of Ashford and Droknar because Droknar has a cathedral lol.

Also, where else can I get silk other than Cavalon? And where can I get shovel again other than the start?
You can get shovel from the place you buy fishing related stuff

Level 13
Looks like I got a good chunk of bugs to look at.

@Railto
Yea, digging and fishing in one spot like that is intentional for experience gains.
Do you mean Hypogryph riders have 200 less range? That was intentional, though I may increase the range slightly. They have increased attack speed and are pretty strong flying units.
The pirates do move when they spawn. They're part of the roaming dead.
Ol' Molly has had some problems with other players, too, making her easy to kill. I'll have to look into her spawn location.

The flintlock/blunderbuss is kind of an intel/agility weapon with strong ranged damage abilities. I may have messed up its abilities when restructuring things.
Fixing abilities is usually done by just dropping your weapons and re-equipping them, though I can also recheck the insane left jab.
The longbow is kind of an alternate weapon I put in there for building up. Zephyr actually does 7 damage per tick, and is meant to be the big replacement weapon if you prefer the longbow. The crossbow does have more crit, but is much slower. I wanted players to have options, but not have everything in one package.

I don't want to change how town towers work because of town mechanics. However, I do like the idea of spawning in a harder blood moon boss.
If your friend finished the last boss then claimed Heroic Victory at a herald, then it tallies who was present for all bosses. It can be an allied victory if everyone was present for all bosses.
However, I may change it to be an allied victory even if one person didn't kill all bosses together, and only for allies of that player.

I have actually doubled the despawn rate of "charged" items in the last patch, it takes about 4 minutes now. Weapons, armor, accessories and special items without charges do not despawn.
The treasure hunt is possible, and the items are worth it. Take the clues literally, I won't spoil it for you ;P

@Ardenaso
Silk can be gotten from 3 sources:
1) Caravans from the southern port town (Sanctum Cay)
2) Trade Vessels from Cavalon (pirating)
3) Cavalon's market (I sometimes just bring a shiv and sneak in as a bandit)

I may also add tooltip info for where what goods sell most.

Last edited:
Level 13
Ah, you just destroy them, then you can scuttle their loot.

By the way, have you figured out the riddles to the treasure hunt? And, has there been any problems between going bandit or racial?

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
May I suggest mage bandits? Like rogue priests and ogre magi

IMO I should get at least one material drop from a caravan as a bandit, not like I have to give him 300 gold only to kill him and take 200 gold

Also, is the killer bunny really that hostile that he had to follow me all they way to Ashford's goblin laboratory? XD

Last edited:
Level 13
The expression "vicious streak a mile wide" comes to mind.
Heh. I'll keep it that way though, since if the guards kill it, there is no loot.
I do know with "iseedeadpeople" non-AI NPCs will chase you forever since you can't break line of sight.

I am currently working on a talent system for the new "Adventurer's Guild" techtree, which I plan to release at the end of the month.

Level 5
Looks like I got a good chunk of bugs to look at.

@Railto
Yea, digging and fishing in one spot like that is intentional for experience gains.
Do you mean Hypogryph riders have 200 less range? That was intentional, though I may increase the range slightly. They have increased attack speed and are pretty strong flying units.
The pirates do move when they spawn. They're part of the roaming dead.
Ol' Molly has had some problems with other players, too, making her easy to kill. I'll have to look into her spawn location.

The flintlock/blunderbuss is kind of an intel/agility weapon with strong ranged damage abilities. I may have messed up its abilities when restructuring things.
Fixing abilities is usually done by just dropping your weapons and re-equipping them, though I can also recheck the insane left jab.
The longbow is kind of an alternate weapon I put in there for building up. Zephyr actually does 7 damage per tick, and is meant to be the big replacement weapon if you prefer the longbow. The crossbow does have more crit, but is much slower. I wanted players to have options, but not have everything in one package.

I don't want to change how town towers work because of town mechanics. However, I do like the idea of spawning in a harder blood moon boss.
If your friend finished the last boss then claimed Heroic Victory at a herald, then it tallies who was present for all bosses. It can be an allied victory if everyone was present for all bosses.
However, I may change it to be an allied victory even if one person didn't kill all bosses together, and only for allies of that player.

I have actually doubled the despawn rate of "charged" items in the last patch, it takes about 4 minutes now. Weapons, armor, accessories and special items without charges do not despawn.
The treasure hunt is possible, and the items are worth it. Take the clues literally, I won't spoil it for you ;P

I dont want spoilers xD i am just saying it might be a bit too hard and about the poison bow make it a bit stronger or let it have poison stacks otherwise it isnt very good from my pov also the blood moon was really easy lol and with the blunderbluss/flintlock i meant as there are way better options like best offhand for heroes without the trueshot aura is probably the quiver otherwise its the shiv but thats about it
about the shovel i mean its cd spammability(due to no requirements like a fishing spot or finding an animal) means it gives wayy too much exp! my friend got way ahead of me like i mentioned before like common hes just diggin (and fishing) but i am here fighting animals in the wild risking my life and he gets over 10 levels ahead? dam son either he terraformed the whole map or that shovel is just op to grind exp
looking foward to the adventurer guild that was my favorite part of fotn just doing dungeons for the loot,exp and thrill!
And uhh yeah about the jab weapon i really mean it its buggy i had to drop and equip more than 20 times and i got tired plus sometimes my friends skill changed and he had the jab lmao!
So far i love the elf archer hero :D i wonder if theres a death knight hero in the undead

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Heh. I'll keep it that way though, since if the guards kill it, there is no loot.
I do know with "iseedeadpeople" non-AI NPCs will chase you forever since you can't break line of sight.

I am currently working on a talent system for the new "Adventurer's Guild" techtree, which I plan to release at the end of the month.

I didn't use anti-fog of war though it just followed me all the way through or maybe because I didn't have boots yet.

Level 5
orc blademaster's heroic leap can jump literally on the sea so you dont need a ship lmao! just jump through the sea floor! XD
Found the third treasure map location but i had already tried there so the trigger on the 3rd treasure is probably too small

Level 28
Finally got my computer back. Let's see what's new...

How do upkeep and taxes work?

Town conquering:
Can't say I like giving the sheriffs Divine Shield, since by the time it's done they're back to neutral, not to mention being the only thing targetable.

Events: Several times the timer went off without any actual event triggering (or if it did, there was no message).

Pirates: Pirates are hard to see on the minimap (grey on blue), can you make the Forces of Evil player a different color?
Maybe you could have pirates launching raids as a new event.

Level 13
For taxes and upkeep:
1 food used = -5 gold
1 worker type (peasant, thug, animal) = +5 gold
1 point per max food = +5 gold
As long as you have enough food for your military, you will never lose gold per interval.
Excessive max food means a lot more taxes gained, which is why I made the food cap 150 now.

I may extend the hostile time frame for Townsfolk when contesting towns.

Level 7
Reporting a major bug - once a player owns a town or town assets; when he leaves - if he is in control of them, like all of the buildings that are removed that he owns; the town buildings are removed as well. Please make a delayed trigger that checks for unit types so that they may be given to the neutral party (northrend people) before the removal of all units

Level 5
I heard that bug before with Molly, and I am not sure why.
Anyways, I am running late on my next deadline. I am going to release the next patch within a couple of days.
if things need to be polished more then push the deadline a bit its gotta be quality over quantity xD

Level 13
@Ardenaso
I do have a subtle underlying story right now, and am all in favor of giving more details as to why things came to be.
I noticed you picked up on some of it. So, why not? I'll try my hand at story telling.
I may even drop hints on how to find that hidden boss in those journals... seems nobody has found it yet.

I think I figured out why Ol' Molly gets stuck: she's sitting at maximum terrain height.
I'll just move her slightly.

Last edited:
Level 28
Town bugs:
* The orc mayor (and presumably other melee heroes) tends to drift away from his position, making him easier to kill (he teleported back, but still).
* Towers don't stop attacking townsfolk on their own after they switch to you. It also caused several "You are now enemies with Townsfolk" messages.
* Took over Wizard's Folly. Shortly after, I got a message that I'd lost a town (the orc town), but when I went to it, the town and towers were still mine and attacking the townsfolk, and the mayor had disappeared from the hero list.

The map is now too big to save in single player, maybe you could add a quickstart mode where every player starts at a high level and tiny buildings so they can get gear and bases up faster.

Level 13
@cleavinghammer
I think I fixed the problems with the townsfolk and conquering mechanics. Let me know how it works now.

And, oops. The filesize is over 8MB. Ah well, I have some minor things I wanted to change anyways. I'll reduce that by tomorrow.
Has anyone noticed any problems with the new techtree system that may need fixing?

Level 28
Ranger's Call Wolf summons the dog (as in the whistle summon) instead.

Summoner's Doom: I really hope the max target level increases with Intelligence, because being unable to use Doom on a level 3 brigand is just sad. It can be cast on your own summons but doesn't bring anything when the summon dies.

Healer is a bit underwhelming. Maybe give him Healing Wave as a trait.

Trait selector disappears after a single upgrade and has to be resummoned.

What does the Warning item do?

Level 13
The "warning" item is more just there as part of the lore. It has no function but to show some text.
I have a bunch of other hidden messages scattered everywhere and such with the same function.
I may switch the item type to something that consumes on use to avoid confusion.

The trait selector disappearing is a necessary evil to avoid queuing up both traits in a tier.
The trait system is rudimentary, though I will probably reduce that cooldown.

Last I checked, Call Wolf summons a wolf instead of a dog. Weird.
Not being able to use Doom on a brigand is also weird. There's no target or level limit on that spell. Hmm.

I got that impression from playtesting the Healer afterwards. It looked good on paper, but why use a healer when you could go Inquisitor with massive damage and partial heals?
I may buff the Healer's effectiveness through reducing Tranquility's duration, but increasing healing per second. I'll also make Entangling Roots level with intelligence for some reliable damage, and just buffing the Heal spell.

Last edited:
Level 28
Giant demon gate in the middle of nowhere that gives cryptic warnings and it doesn't do anything horrible? You're a madman!

Maybe use a different model for the spirit in the forest, I was wondering why I couldn't pick it up.

Dog: Maybe it's a based-on-same-spell problem? Perhaps it works differently if you already summoned one.

Summoner's Parasite works on heroes, forgot to mention that. Maybe give it a different name though.

Level 13
Yea, I want Parasite to work on Heroes, but not your own heroes. Maybe rename it "Corruption?" I wanted each "Hero" to have some kind of passive effect to reduce micro management between multiple heroes.

That gate does do something though ... something sinister on a blood moon.
More in the future, when I finally make radiant quests for the new Hero techtree.

And oh, right. Fae Dust. Forgot about that.

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
For some reason the guild hall doesn't do anything for me, It has no hero options just the workers and the Fortify spell...

Edit: I redownloaded it and tried again, but this time the vault doesn't offer traits but only summons heroes too, or should I wait before I get two heroes?

I think the reason for the mentioned bug is probably I increased my reputation first before building the guild hall.

Last edited:
Level 13
You get a hero your Leader needs to be level 5 first. Access to the traits also require that specific Hero.
It's not connected to reputation at all, just your first Hero's level. I think I will change the requirements for the first summoned hero.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
You get a hero your Leader needs to be level 5 first. Access to the traits also require that specific Hero.
It's not connected to reputation at all, just your first Hero's level. I think I will change the requirements for the first summoned hero.

I mean, the Hero path notification didn't show up and the Altar/Vault didn't show up on my build list either. Also, I don't see any waterfall by the coasts

Level 2
I noticed that the trait statue for the healer doesn't despawn after a set time like the other hero statues do it just stays there permanently.

Is it intended for the book of summoning to allow you to summon multiple warrior heroes?

The tooltip for warrior trait 4 talents has the same description but one is a passive damage mitigation and the other revives your warrior on death.

Is it also possible to make certain traits scale with the primary stat of the hero? For example the healer gets a choice between a heal over time on flash heal and a purge attached to their heal. Going with the purge is probably a no brainer most of the time. If the heal over time scaled with intelligence it might make the choice more difficult.

I like how certain heroes have synergy together like the summoner with spirit link and the healer with tranquility.

How did people find the max food cap for the hero techtree? Max food cap is 14 i believe. It allowed me to have 2 fishing boats, 2 shredders for lumber gathering, 2 pack horses and 1 zepplin to move around the map.

Level 13
Thank you for reporting them bugs, I fixed most of them except "Doom." Apparently Doom acts weirdly against the "creep" race. I'll be looking into alternatives.
Also, buffed the Healer a bit. Enjoy!

Level 2
I noticed the pirate ships continually spawn in the ocean and will just keep building up over time. It got to a point where I was flying my zepplin to the southern town and got blown out of the sky by a group of 6 or 7 of them all clumped up together. The ships can also attack buildings and units on higher ground they normally shouldn't have vision of.

Is it possible to allow pack horses and dogs the ability to use the ship to travel from the southern port on the mainland to the southern town? It gets a bit tedious to have to transfer items on my hero to another unit so I can board the ship then buy stuff from the market place then board the ship again and transfer back the items on my hero.

The hero techtree doesn't have a building you can build multiple times to serve as a lumber drop off point.

Level 13
Yup, the Hero techtree is meant for just that: heroes. You've got to strategically use you tent, and the Vault counts as a lumber drop-off. They're meant to have poor economy.
Pack horses using the ship is a good idea.
And yea, them pirate ships are meant to be a hassle if you leave them be.

Level 1
Have played Elf Trader in both 1.56 and 1.57, and Tree of Life always stops building at 130 HP. I've tried cancelling the construction and building another one, and it still won't build.

Level 1
Also, the Goblin Laboratory ping shows the ruined village where there is none.

The Gambler's Den in the ruined village sells both the Shredder and the Zeppelin. It's great for people without access to towns, especially with the recent change to Townsfolk aggression when you die fighting the mayor.