• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nooby questions – combine liquid fire with kaboom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. Is there any way to get 'Liquid Fire' (Troll-Batrider's passive) to work with Goblin-Sappers 'Kaboom!' suicide-ability without breaking units suicide function ? As far i see Liquid Fire needs a standard attack for applying itself.
2. Neutral market and merc-camp sell items/mercs which some of i dont want to be available too soon ingame,so i set main-building lvl2 etc. as item/merc's prequisite,however they still can be bought without meeting the prequisite. main-building lvl2 etc. works as preq. when buying neutral hero out of tavern but why not on item&mercs ?
3. How can i create a rotating item pool on neutral market ? (for example there will be 36 items,each x minutes it will be rotated with randomly picked 5-11 out of 36.). I want to do similar for Merc Camp too.
4. In my altered melee setting i have given every hero a 'starting ability',which is unlevelable unit ability as it is. So Paladin's starting ability is a 'Holy Flames' passive which is a recycled Firelord's 'Incinerate'. Now i want to take out the 'explodes on death' part out of this ability but there is no parameter for that(or im blind?).
5. Is there a way to edit the bonus armor that is gained from mana-flare ?
6. I want to include changelog in Quests that explains the changes made but its so long that its not being displayed properly. What is the max character limit for Quest-text ?
7. I want to make Spellpower upgrades for each side,those will prequisite Casterunitsname-Master-Training and will upgrade the efficiency of caster unit's first and second spells in each own unique ways. Ive made an simple example one similar to 'Skeletal Mastery' which upgrades Necromancer's 'Raise Dead' to lvl 2. Now the upgrade is utilizing Ability-Level-Bonus,the affected ability has been edited to be 3-lvl,unit told to use upgrade it,but ability doesnt upgrade upon research. An upgrade with Ability-Level-Bonus works only if its affecting a single ability and not multiple ?

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I can't understand ur first three problem because I cant really read it :D.
4th: remove the damage deal when the target dies. I believe it is somewhere in the ability editor.
5th: It's up to u. If u want it to be balance, change the stat of the catapult.
I'll try to solve 6th and 7th problem as soon as I get back my desktop :D.

Level 11

1. troll batrider passive liquid fire is probably a damage per second passive.so when troll batrider attacks,liquid fire activates on the unit getting attacked and he wants in on the goblin sappers kaboom so that when the goblin sappers kaboom , the units getting attacked also receives damage per second .

2. he wants the neutral market and cmerc camp that sells item to have a condition set for the units buying the items, which is main building lvl 2 , etc town hall (level 1) castle (level 2)... he tried it on items but it doesn't work and it works on heroes.

3.he basically wants a merchant that has different items, if there are 36 items, every X time, the merchant's goods will rotate and the game will pick randomly from the 36 items and place 5 - 11 on the merchant

for this you could create 3 merchants with different items and replace each merchants by using random number integer to make the randomness, but not recommended as it could lag

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Oh, so that's his problem. I can only solve the 1st problem (I think) since I never use shop or merc. Here is my solution: Create a trigger, pick every unit belongs to an enemy in the AOE of the ability, create a dummy, add liquid fire to a dummy, create expiration time for the dummy, order the dummy to attack the picked unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.