• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Noob terrrain editor questions (melee map!)Doodadssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Forgot to put in a normal topic title. sorry

Should have been: Noob help, terrain questions, doodads, melee problems and edit mercenary camp!

I am in the process of making a huge melee map

(pictures can be seen here)

But I am having a few :ogre_rage: questions i could not find yet!

I prefer them to be answered in priority that they are numbered 1 is very urgent 5 is less urgent for me

1. I am reaching the limit of my doodads and destructible doodads, on the map

Destructibles - 6144
(non-destructible) - 8192
Neutral Hostile (all) + Neutral Passive Units - 512
Neutral Passive Buildings - 96
Player-owned Units - 1080
Player-owned Buildings - 600
Items - 256

Now I am desperate to find out when i select for example a part of my map in the doodads mode, how many
Destructibles are there and how many Doodads are there exactly? i need a exact number on this cause at the moment
it is being accumulated :goblin_jawdrop:, else i am afraid of getting stuck at 80 - 90% when i try to polish up my map completely.
I need to get this figured out asap, else i am suffering progress :ogre_haosis:

2. My actually biggest problem i s that my map is NOT melee and it has to be, (it has NO quick priority at the moment!)

where do i need to look into? this map is designed to be a normal 12 (FFA) man player map
even if i remove all units and neutral buildings etc, still shows as non melee map!
I just put down 2 mines in the place and 2 start locations player 1 and 2
I really need help with this pwetty please

3. How to make certain areas not able to go? (edit fixed it)

It is just on the terrain palette on the right of the ground textures, it is called boundary :thumbs_up:

4. How to edit mercenary camp to fill it up with more exotic helpers?

I don't need custom mercenary, but I like to fill a current one up with more then just the standard 4 it provides on each theme?

TY VM all, I hope you like to preview pictures on my introduction page

Last edited:
Level 14
1. I am reaching the limit of my doodads and destructible doodads, on the map

Destructibles - 6144
(non-destructible) - 8192
Neutral Hostile (all) + Neutral Passive Units - 512
Neutral Passive Buildings - 96
Player-owned Units - 1080
Player-owned Buildings - 600
Items - 256

The doodad limit can be breached with JassNewGenPack.
You can download it here.
Make sure that: Grimoire -> Enable No limits is checked...

2. My actually biggest problem i s that my map is NOT melee and it has to be, (it has NO quick priority at the moment!)

where do i need to look into? this map is designed to be a normal 12 (FFA) man player map
even if i remove all units and neutral buildings etc, still shows as non melee map!
I just put down 2 mines in the place and 2 start locations player 1 and 2
I really need help with this pwetty please

Have you used any custom triggers inside your map?
When something altered your map in a way that the flag changes from melee map to custom map.
Then when you save it it'll tell you at that point what you'll have to do to change it into a melee map again.
But this will only show the first time you save it when it altered from melee map to custom map.
Since I can't open the editor right now I'll tell you how to see this information at any time when I get home.
It was under File but I'm not sure where right now...

3. How to make certain areas not able to go? (edit fixed it)

It is just on the terrain palette on the right of the ground textures, it is called boundary :thumbs_up:

You don't nessecarely have to use boundary, you can also use pathing blockers in the doodad pallet.
This will give you the ability to make parts of the map unwalkable/unflyable.
Press P inside the editor to see the pathing map. A tutorial on them can be found here:
Pathing Maps

4. How to edit mercenary camp to fill it up with more exotic helpers?

I don't need custom mercenary, but I like to fill a current one up with more then just the standard 4 it provides on each theme?

You can do this in the object editor by selecting the mercenary camp and changing the units sold.

You might also want to take a look at these tutorials (they are quite usefull):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/how-create-melee-maps-187652/
Melee Maps like the Professionals

Level 4
The doodad limit can be breached with JassNewGenPack.
You can download it here.
Make sure that: Grimoire -> Enable No limits is checked...

Bloody thanks matey for all your cute answers!!! :ogre_hurrhurr:. If i use on my map JassNewGenPack. will i be still treated by online battle.net as a normal map? playable normal melee map? I still prefer to try get around my way, cause i can easily manage it if i can sort out how much of each selected areas Destructible and non destructible doodads

Thank you again friend!

Level 14
Bloody thanks matey for all your cute answers!!! :ogre_hurrhurr:. If i use on my map JassNewGenPack. will i be still treated by online battle.net as a normal map? playable normal melee map? I still prefer to try get around my way, cause i can easily manage it if i can sort out how much of each selected areas Destructible and non destructible doodads

Thank you again friend!

Yes, this would be the same. It does not make any difference.
It will still be playable as a melee map.
It's actually quite usefull having that editor, I recommend anyone to use it instead of the normal world editor.
Hold on while I try to find a solution for your second question.

EDIT: to answer question #2:

Go to Scenario -> Map Description

On the bottom it tells you for example something like this:

- Expansion-only trigger functions, types, or values are being used (Trigger Editor)

This means that you are using custom triggers in the trigger editor.
Which means the map is now no longer a melee map.
You can see if your map is a melee map by pressing F12 (Object Manager)
In the tab Map Summary it will tell you which Map Type your map is.
If it says Melee, everything should be okay.
If it does not, then you will have to fix what is shown in the Map Description.
In this example, default melee triggers need to be used in order to change the Map Type to Melee again.

I hope this helps.

If you can't seem to fix all the problems in your Map Description, post them here so that we can guide you onto making your map a melee map again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.