• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I'm making a map and am having trouble making weather effects.
I need the entire map to be Dalaran shield. But not the entire game, so I can't have a region with weather effect in it.
How would I do this?
I have tried it with triggers...
    • Environment - Create at (Playable map area) the weather effect Dalaran Shield
    • Set Weather = (Last created weather effect)
    • Environment - Turn Weather On
But it didn't work.

Level 12
If you want the Dalaran Shield weather to be over the entire map, then go to Scenario > Map Option. From there, check the "Use Global Weather" option, and the select Dalaran Shield.

Yea the shield is not coming up. Those are all the triggers I use that have anything to do with it. The rest from that trigger have to do with my cinematic.

Ok clearly I'm not painting a clear enough picture.
In my cinematic a mage is talking, then he runs to a power generator and casts a spell. Then the shield is supposed to turn on over the entire map. The shield does not, however, turn on.

Level 10
Try placing it in a region. Make the region the entire map.
  • Environment - create at Region001 the effect Daralan shield
  • Set weather = (last created weather effect)
If not, I'm not sure what to do, but why do you turn on a weather effect after you created it on a map?

Level 15
The idea behind weather effects is that you're supposed to create them at map initialization and then activate them in a later trigger.
However, in most cases, people just do it all at once, which really isn't a problem.
That's why I'm guessing this guy messed something up in the events/conditions or he messed something up in another trigger.

And I'm not sure if you can have 2 weather effects at the same time in the same region. So you will have to turn off any pre-existing weather effects I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.