• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Noob mapper wants a partner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me make a map. I have almost no idea how to make one though... so I'd like to make this a learning experience as well. My map idea was for a map which could be divided into different types spellcraft style... coop survival, team survival (as in enfos 2 team), and hero arena. I wanted to make the heroes element based... as in you buy a spellbook of a certain element at the beginning... later buy a second one and they would combine to become a different element. This is probably kind of vague but if anyone's interested I will keep checking this thread!
Thanks
Naman

Level 2
I don't mind teaming up with you. I'm pretty good at GUI and average at terrain. You'd have to do the ideas and planning, cus I'm not really sure what your wanting.

Level 4
First off, thanks for replying. I'm sorry I was kinda vague... but I'll try to explain the idea as best I can.
It would be a hero based map. The heroes would be decent attack but more of a spell based game. At the beginning of the game, host would choose a mode, but I haven't completely decided which ones I want... These modes could be competitive or cooperative. If you've ever played spellcraft, thats kinda what I want. After the host has picked a mode, players can pick heroes (haven't decided whether I want multiple heroes or just different models). After choosing a hero, players can pick an element (thinking of earth fire air water atm but maybe more later). Once you have picked an element, you get the basic skill for that element (balancing might be difficult). As the hero levels up (killing creeps or other heroes, maybe quests), he/she learns more spells from the element. Eventually (either at a certain level or a certain amount of gold, or both) the hero can buy a second element, which combines with the first and the hero starts with one or two spells again. For example water+air=storm. That would be the basic system for heroes. The modes could include: a hero arena (2 teams most likely), with bases on both sides with teleporters to different areas of the map, where the heroes can fight creeps or other heroes; a survival/defense where all players work together to fight off the creeps, which slowly get better over time; a competitive survival, which could be a line war... or it could be the survival divided in two... more like enfo's. I would be fine with making just one of these if its not possible to make many. But I am always open to suggestions. Since school is starting, I wouldn't be able to do as much work during the week, only on weekends. I hope all this isnt too much to ask. As I said, I know very little about map-making, so hopefully I can learn as the map is made.
Naman

Level 2
That sounds fine to me, it would make quite a good game I think. I got sixth form, so I'll only be able to work on it at weekends too. And I'm still working on mine, I don't mind if your not available very much. If you'd like to work with me on this, pm me your msn or something.

Level 4
i was wondering if someone else could do the terrain... i tried that and it didnt work out so well

Level 19
If you need more help, I'd love to test your map, because that's one of the few things I know of currently:)

Level 4
well our terrain guy never replyed to me... anyone else wanna make a terrain for the map ?

Level 2
Interesting

If you don't mind,i would like to involve,i am immune to boring(when copy and edit the trigger for many times).Please inform me if you want any help

Level 4
ok sounds great if catchaos gets bored of showing me how to trigger i'll ask you, but we still need a terrain guy/girl

Level 4
ill probably work on it after i get a terrain to start with
i was hoping for a terrain divided into four regions and two bases, and it should be modifiable so that I can add more elements later see the picture (my art skills suck, the main reason that i can't terrain)

Attachments

• terrain.GIF
    terrain.GIF
    8.7 KB · Views: 123
Level 6
Naman isnt this a hero defense? like 1 lane (co-op) or 2 lanes (competative). If its not im going to need more explanation, if it is this is just a wierd setup and im going to need more of an explanation

Level 4
well basicly i wanted a terrain that could fit multiple modes, but im not sure about two lanes... the main mode i wanted was hero arena, because thats my personal favorite and i think that the terribly drawn picture shows a terrain that could be used if creeps spawned on all sides
if anyone is interested in terraining, please contact me :)

Last edited:
I will like to help you in anyway you want from terraining to triggering as from I'm pritty shaw that I have mastered them both as from you see an example down bottom on signature. I will help if you tell me what you want and try to be as pesific as you can as from I have never helped or have had help in the main part of word editing so please send me private message and I will help as much as I can/have time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.