• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Non Standard Animation Strings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So, I have a few animations for a model I've made that don't follow the standard animation string names, and they don't show in-game or on the sequence list in the map editor.

The names of these animations are Dash and Dash Stop. All the other animations I've made (which use standard unit animation strings) work both in game and in the map editor.

Is there any way to get these animations to work or do I have to change the names to follow some sort of warcraft 3 unit guideline to call on them at all?

Level 8
So the animations do not work ingame?
You should be able to play them with triggers.
Nope. They can't be called by name or index and they don't show under the unit's animations on the left side of the map editor. But they work perfectly in magos model editor and mdlvis.

As I said, I think its because of the name (wc3 probably ignores animation strings that don't contain standard unit animation names). The question is whether or not there's any way around that...

Level 8
Im pretty sure
JASS:
call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(u,i)
works. Did you try it?
2vsf2wp.png

Level 10
I dont know I should be happy or with with your reply. Here is the testing map, the model was customized with non-standard animation names as you mentioned. And the code works just fine. If you want to tell yourself to find another way, then I no longer can help.

Try typing "-<number index>" to display the animations

Attachments

• test.w3m
    50.3 KB · Views: 31
Level 8
I dont know I should be happy or with with your reply. Here is the testing map, the model was customized with non-standard animation names as you mentioned. And the code works just fine. If you want to tell yourself to find another way, then I no longer can help.

Try typing "-<number index>" to display the animations

I wasn't trying to come off as rude, sry if that was the case :(

I'll test it out tonight when I get home though, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.