• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Non-Permanent Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I would like to make a Charm spell that doesn't last forever. I would like to make it without using triggers.
I see many people did that that through triggers, so i think it's not possible, but asking doesn't hurt :)

I would like such a spell for an AoE fear spell (turns units to neutral and makes them wander for a certain amount of time) which i already have done, but i thought it would've been nicer if it used dummy units owned by "Neutral" that charmed the targets of the spell, so i wanted to ask if there's any chance to make a charm spell without using triggers.
I've tried with the spellbreaker (not sure it's the correct name) spell but it targets only summoned creatures and can't be changed (or it looks like so...)

Last edited:
Level 7
This does not sound as anything hard to do, but
u have no chance to get away without using triggers.

i would suggest u the "channel" ability, for all the spells.

greets equal

I already have a trigger version of the spell, I wanted to know if i could make a temp charm without using triggers (as i've already looked for the answer on the forum, i see there are many spells made with triggers that do what i want, but no one clearly stated if it's impossible to do or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.