• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Area of Effect Charm. Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ok, So im trying to make a spell where where when you cast it, units around you will get charmed. So I made a function to the spell "Targeted Magic" in Enfos Team Survival.

But oddly, it only charms 1. I think i fixed the problem by removing the cooldown of the charm spell, but then having no cooldown for that spell would make it abusable.
EDIT: The Cooldown of the Charmspell is already 0 yet, it only charms 1 target -_-
  • Pursuade
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Pursuade
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Dark Ranger - Charm (Picked unit)
Anyway to make an Alternate way or the original Charm Spell?

[SOLVED]

Bonus Question: How can I change the Image for my Map? Not the loading screen. Just the Small Picture on the upper right before you play the game.

[SOLVED]

Last edited:
Level 3
No idea on your trigger man, but this is for your Minimap Preview.

The image you create must be of TGA format and either 128x128 or 256x256 pixels in size. 128x128 is highly recommended as this will minimize the overall filesize of your map. What you put in the image is completely up to you, this is very much a creative process.

Inside World Editor, load the Import Manager under the Module menu. Click on File, Import and open the TGA file that you have created. Now you need to change the custom path. Double click the item inside the import manager, and check the box that says Use Custom Path. Change the path to "war3mapPreview.tga" with nothing before it and proper case.

Good luck with the trigger though :D

Level 5
Thanks for the answer. But i don't know why this thread is marked "solve" where in my main question isn't really answered yet. :)

+Rep ^^

Level 15
Let me first explain why you code is screwed by the editor and how it can be done, I once tried this and got stucked with it for quite a long time. Even now I am not sure of it to work well but I will give it a try in my editor first.. Let me 5 mins break before I start..

AOECharm

------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

After 5 mins of coding, I released that I did a careless mistake last time round and it is confirmed to be working. Now I will explain on how your code doesn't work.
You used your caster as a medium to multi cast many units at 1 go, say within 0.00 seconds, your hero has to cast charm.. not of any units I know can cast a spell 2 times in even as short as 0.05 seconds. However, you are ordering your caster to multi cast charm to all picked units in an instant.. normally a warcraft character nids 0.2-0.3 seconds to react to commands as a realistic thing warcraft wanted. Therefore, he will try to charm everyone of them but actually he merely start casting on anyone before but only finally order to charm the last target. Therefore, at the end, only 1 is being charmed, the rest are simply being skip by the caster himself. Now I will teach you how it is done. Basically, what we need here is only dummy units to handle that.

AOECHARM:
Event: When units starts an effect of an ability

CONDITION: Ability being cast Equal To Fan of Knives

Action:
Pick every unit within 600 range of Position of Triggering Unit then do multiple actions-
Create a dummy unit at Position of Triggering Unit with default building facing
Add a 0.5 seconds generic timer to last created unit
Issue last created unit to Neutral - Charm picked unit

That is how it is, the general concept, however this is not leak free. I would not elaborate on Memory Leaks, there is a tutorial in the HIVEWORKSHOP Tutorial section and they do teach about memory leaks, with memory leaks handled, crazy effects can be made with near smooth performance...! Hope these post raise your standard of the world of trigger editor!

Level 5
Thanks so much Destiny.Knight ;) You fixed my huge problem :D
yours surely worked ;)

About leaks. I don't know what this exactly means. You mean, the spells stop working after an amount of usage?

btw. Do you know why when I use a spell that was originally an item, you can't see any Icon for that spell? And do you know how to fix it?

Level 5
^Reaper2008
I mean. Im using the spell "Item Life Bonus". Which adds maximum HP. Sadly, even when I add an icon, the spell still doesn't have an Icon.

Posting Screenshot Soon!

Level 5
Do you know what trigger I use for it? Check this out.
I learned the spell. I get the HP Bonus, yet the Icon remains Hidden! O_O
44737457.png

42602403.png

Whats the trigger to add a dummy spell just so that it will inform the user that the spell already has been learned.
Nevermind. I guess I solved it by adding a dummy spell and it wasn't too hard >.< Thanks so much ;) +
reputation_smallpos.gif

And Yea. I removed the "Item Classification"
[SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.