• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No-Cross Region suppport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Ok so a lot of people have complained about this that and the other, no LAN, (buggy editor)?, Locale problems etc... I can live with all that. What really ticked me off was the discovery that I can't play with my NA, USA and well anything except EU friends.

Wtf? Please someone tell me they plan to implement cross-region play and RealID, this is the biggest dissapointment for me, I would have rather waited 6months till xmas, just go get this, wc3 had it, wow has it. This is supposed to be BNet 2.0 the "future of online gaming".

We are going to get this soon, right? :(

*Sorry for typo in the thread title.

Level 20
Hey thanks for the quick reply, I heard that the expansion is gonna be 18months (same again for final one) so the trilogy will be complete in 3yrs. I don't feel like I will buy an expansion a year and a half later to get cross-region, I will move on before then. It's a shame a good game, missing such a vital feature.

Hopefully someone will make a Garena substitute etc, I really don't care if it's illegal, Blizzard have bought this upon themselves if they refuse to implement such a basic (in this day and age) feature.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Hopefully someone will make a Garena substitute etc

Impossible due to no LAN and that blizzard will activlly have the servers shut down (read the ToU, it is a serious crime to reverse engineer and emulate their servers).

However blizzard has prommised the ability to change servers later, just like chat rooms and a load of other features. This game is still new so do not think what you have now is what you will have years later. Afterall blizzard even changed WoW to match changes in SC2.

Level 11
They are planning a large update to Bnet in a few months, which will include things like group chat (aka chat channels), pro/semi-pro ladder, and some other stuff. Considering that one of the main goals of thi is eSports and tournaments, its likely that they will include region changing with it.

Level 22
That's true, what Im saying 'months after the release' means exactly say in 2-3 months to get the realms, not next year. Also while I've also read that it will be 1 expansion per year, I've also come across a later statement that they may release 1st expansion this year

Status
Not open for further replies.