• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

no building sub menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
hello everybody,

i'd like to make building buttons without sub menu; so the buttons like 'build tower' etc. would be right under the move/stop/hold... -orders just like as if it was an ordinary spell. i thought maybe i could use item abilities like 'build tiny caste' etc. but i don't like that idea cos then the buildings' lumber/gold cost won't show above the tooltip text. So I wonder are there any workarounds?

thanks in advance for any help...

Level 9
metamorphosis, too, can show costs in tooltips if you modify it to require pay. However, it can be tricky to keep the unit from actually morphing.

i didn't know about the charge gold/lumber abilities which is strange cos actually i know object editor pretty well. I will search them & thanks! (sadly my warcraft 3 is not in english)

but how exactly would i use this dummy ability in a nice way so that a building can be placed once the dummy spell is clicked (everything should preferably work like in build sub menu just... well, without the sub menu)

Status
Not open for further replies.