• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hero 'Build menu' ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey!
I'm wondering.. Is there a way to make a hero (while keeping his spells and all) be able to build like a worker? I tried setting some abilities and statistics (unit classification) of the hero to be the same as the workers, but nothing made the build menu icon appear.
Anyone solved this? Thanks!

Level 3
Ok, that was a dumb question - I figured it out, it works easily, but I tested it on another unit so I thought it is not working.. :D
However - I have one more question that I am really unable to solve right now:
Is there a way to move the "Build" button to another location? It's on (0,2) on default, and it is in the way of hero abilities. I need it to be on one of the default free spots, (1,1) or (2,1).

Level 39
You could probabl use ObjectMerger calls and/or LUA script to duplicate/edit the build ability and chage its button x/y if you can. I believe the build ability shows up in the JNGP's extended editor if it doesn't in the vanilla WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.