• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Nned feedback about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I make a hydra hero, on it's ultimate, it will reincarnate 2 times, the first time he reincarnate, he will raise with 75% hp (from max hp), the second is 50% hp (from max hp), and if killed one again, the hero will dies.
Are this skill is IMBA?
I also will keep my eye on this thread since i have many hero on my aos to balanced...

Level 5
It depends on the rest of the hero. If you have - compared to other heroes - relativly low hitpoints, it should be ok (use Slark from DotA as a reference).
Reeincarnation is pretty powerful - esxpecially when you reset ability coodlowns and give back max mana (especially on units with strong nukes, AOE stuns or tough slows; I'd count multiple target attacks in here too).
While speaking of references, I'd take a look (again DotA) on Leoric, the skeleton king. He reincarnates once with everything back to full. When farmed properly, this can be game-deciding. Fortunately, mostly late-game... means, you should think about the peek of your hero's mightiest time ingame.
Is it a character that excels early in game during the laning phase? Mid-game where most of the time he runs around ganking enemies to keep them low?
Or later in game when players actually try to end the game (about minute 30+ in most AOS I've played so far)?
Also consider the other part of the hero's role: is he a tank, an initiator, a damage dealer (those are often fragile like hell), a supporter (buffs/debuffs, can be combined with the other categories above depending on the rest of the skills) or a carry (lategame able to end the game almost single-handed if had farm earlier).

Hope these thoughts help a bit, though I cannot say too specific things as long as you don't mention other details of the hero :)

Level 17
Here's the detail
He is one of 3 demi-god hero, means that 'they' must be ganked to be killed, at least with 2 hero, with obo, will not do, the enemies will go in the grave in about 1 min, or maybe less
They, because hydra has 3 separate head, and i give different name to each, the skill is:
Skill 1:
Arch head
The hydra is able to control separate head with 2 additonal skill
Left head: fire strike (impale)
Right head: icy strike (breath of frost)
Skill 2: haven't decided yet
Skill 3: ancient skin
They hydra can reduce any damage taken from hero damage to lessen their destructive power reduce any damage to 150/100/50/0, at 20% chance

Level 5
So let's summarize up to now. what this hero has:
-stun
-slow
-reincarnate
-hardened skin on random base
-1 more ability following.
Alone with your 1st ability this hero will do just fine in early and midgame, meaning he is strong from beginning.
Later in game you use hardened skin and reincarnate to keep yourself alive.
So far I'd say the combination is pretty strong, very potentially overpowered.
I don't know what combination of skills your other heroes have, but I suggest cutting back slow or stun and replacing with something like devour, a small nuke or something else that is just plain damage :grin:
Your hero seems to have almost no weakness currently (ok, no escape skill yet which I'd refrain from adding too). Decide on at least one phase of the game where this hero is weak (I'd suggest early game).
Is your hyrda a srength or agi hero? -> If strentgh, you'll start comparativly low and only gain the strength stats over time (levelups).
Agi might be fine.
If melee, rest should be fine. If ranged, I'd suggest not a greater range than 350 so that harassment on lane will still be effective on the hero early game.

Level 17
Haha~
I also thinking about 300 attack range
And the hydra has initiate skill, the tri attack, this skill enable all head of hydra to attack, means he can farm easily, and about the second skill, it is not escaping ability...
I willn't allow this hero to escape so easily, and the skill ancient age, this skill alllowing the hydra to Regenerate 2% of it's max for 9s, when this skill is activated, the hydra will go in hybernate mode,in other words, this spell is channelling
And about the primary attribute, they are born to fight, so they are Str, the gain of other aTtribute is roughly half from the primary, and the primary attribute gain is 2,5, agi: 1,25, and int is 0,75
They are full tanking hero, born to kill and must be encountered by 2 or more hero, and the third skill is Must learned when the hydra is atleast on lv 20, or he will die easily, because the first level reduce all damage to 150, it's a big number of hp loss, If taken in early game...

Status
Not open for further replies.