• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ninjas in Pyjamas (First open beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Ninjas in Pyjamas v0.38
(working title)

Download: Click here to download
Tired of non-skill-requiring AoS' where certain Heroes can decide the outcome?
Tired of the not being able to prove your own abilities because your Hero is "easy to play with"?
Time for the revolution then, mhm!

Ninjas in Pyjamas is an AoS which seeks to bring more dynamic into a WC3 map by allowing you as the player to decide what happens after you cast your spell. Fans of target-nuke-and-run's are not gonna feel home here.
Heroes (Ninjas) in this map all have a set skill template:
1.) Executional
2.) Escape
3.) Passive
4.) Ultimate
The Executional spell is the spell which requires your skills. Say it's reaction time, timing, estimating abilities etc. The better you are, the more effective it becomes, if you fail, the damage might go down to zero. It's nothing you would have to click on a unit, deal 1000 damage and run.
The Escape spell is, as the name already said, the spell you can escape with. They have a global cooldown of 240/180/120/60, but once used, you should be able to get out of almost everything. By almost it's meant that those Escape spells are stoppable/counterable to some extent, but most likely that would have some special requirements.
The Passive spell is the passive spell, k. They can be everything, anything, it's just that you don't have to use them manually...In most cases they have a rather supporting value.
The Ultimate is just as self explainary. Ultimates are flashy, strong, but have a long cooldown.
The main theme of those abilities is random, just like the items, thus you will be able to find references to a lot of famous characters and items, from Movies to Animes, from Video Games to...RL?
Furthermore, in order to replace the "disable wins" problem, I created a "Damage Slow System".
Counter Strike Players might be familar with this, because your Ninja's movement speed is slowed pending on how much damage you receive.
As a side note, every Ninja in this map actually are real people, friends of mine to be more precise. The abilities they have are either based on their personalities, nicknames or some events we shared.

Another side note: Some people asked me wether there is a connection between this map and the famous swedish Counter Strike clan, and the answer is no!
If people, especially people from the reformed NiP (until today, I kept thinking it was disbanned since long) have a problem with this, I might just have to change the name of this map.

Third side note: For some reason, Warcraft III fails to give you the correct sounds if you have a certain sound option on.
wc3snd_option.jpg

This should do, otherwise you won't be able to hear the cool 3d sounds in my map >/.
And this has to be checked off before logging on to Bnet, like in the first menu of WC3.

Now, after 30 versions of closed beta testing, the first open beta is finally out!
Forum: http://z6.invisionfree.com/wc3nip

Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Another side note: Some people asked me wether there is a connection between this map and the famous swedish Counter Strike clan, and the answer is no!
If people, especially people from the reformed NiP (until today, I kept thinking it was disbanned since long) have a problem with this, I might just have to change the name of this map.

Yeah it is disbanded, but look at this: http://www.nip-gaming.com/

Level 1
i luv the map :D

but not many people host it and i cant host so single player was my only choice...

i was wondering if i could help u

Status
Not open for further replies.