• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night of the Dead in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The general idea is to make an exact copy of NotD II or NotD III. The only difference should be in terrain and, slightly, in creeps. I'm planning a big city similar to one from NotD surrounded by forest and hills and some facility outside.

Now the funny part: for now we're doing it on our own with a friend of mine, who has the same mapping experience as I do, meaning none. Yet, we have some experience in programming. We have started with nothing and for now only a part of the map and some basic scripts are completed. Chance of getting help from the original NotD developers equals zero, at least for now.
Basically, what we have is just will to do a good map.

I request some basic, later advanced, help from both experienced mapmakers or just people willing po participate. That includes participating in development or just consent to be bugged occasionally via ICQ or Skype.

Here's my contacts:

P.S. With or without NotD developers consent, I'm going to try to copy and recreate NotD systems completely, including the loading system. Yet what I'm not going to do without their consent is making experience gain possible, so don't you worry :D

Latest original NotD III version: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/110386/

Level 9
oh lol
i offered your friend dev help already, you just had to translate all the text into russia and i would have added it, but it seems you aren't interested in a russian copy of notd III at all, you just wanted to have an unprotected version

Status
Not open for further replies.