• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Night Elf Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Not entirely sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I am building a map based on Blizzard's Azshara zone in WOW and also one of Darnassus and I've noticed that there aren't really any Night Elf buildings in the hive to use. There are a lot of modern NE buildings like ancients and tree stuff, but there are no giant white marbled buildings like the Temple of the Moon or something along those lines that I can find. I was hoping for maybe a temple that looks like the one in Darnassus and perhaps a few trashed NE buildings like the ones you'd find in Desolace or Azshara in game -- you know, crooked and half sticking out of the ground and what not... err fair to say I'm more looking for large doodads than buildings but whichever. I'd like to do it myself, but I cannot even reskin simple things that well... ANYWAY

I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Level 3
Hello Pyrogasm,

I'm not seeing anything I can use in this link? Kyrbi0 seems to only have Troll units from what I can tell.

Level 39
I tagged him in the thread so he is summoned, not because his models would satisfy your needs. @Kyrbi0 is a human compendium of cool race models! A legend among men. A true master of the World Editors. Perhaps he will have heard tale of or once seen a model satisfying your needs and can guide you on your way to finding it anew!

Level 3
I tagged him in the thread so he is summoned, not because his models would satisfy your needs. @Kyrbi0 is a human compendium of cool race models! A legend among men. A true master of the World Editors. Perhaps he will have heard tale of or once seen a model satisfying your needs and can guide you on your way to finding it anew!

Oh I see. Thank you very much!

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
oh no

//EDIT// OK now I've actually read the thread. Pyrogasm, you do me far too much credit; even were I as fresh & knowledgeable as I once was, I'm fairly certain (since I've never been interested in the described faction) I wouldn't know of any extant building models of that kind.

Sorry! :<

Last edited:
Well well, I'm not sure if I've been summoned for my texturing or terraining skills.. or both! xD

Anyway, on the terraining side, you can't always look for some buildings that their parts are assembled by the author/modeler. If you can find that what you need, so be it; if you cannot, do it yourself!

If you do know terraining well, you can surely make those buildings yourself by using even 1 piece of 'Ultimate Terraining Map' doodads (or whatever you prefer) several times! Try using anything you can get your hands on to make your buildings by assembling doodads, you know! I can even say this is way better than using a single model.

On the texturing side, well, I personally can't really make a complete texture(s) at the moment for what you're need of, due to being busy lately, sorry.

Wish ya the best of luck!

Level 7
I have many Sunken Ruins doodads imported into my map from many different Warcraft3 model sites and maps. I can't remember them all but i can recommend you just to export the models that you like from my map. You can then use the mdxPather progrem to find out the pathes and required blp datas for these models. Then you could import them into your map. Only problem is that i haven't noted all artists who created all the models in the credit list yet. I am also continuously importing more doodad models into my map. And i sometimes update after a while. You can find my map in the signature. It would also be nice if you tried to play the map and give some feedback.
:goblin_good_job:

Status
Not open for further replies.