• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NewGen5d (Save) Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
For along time now I suspected something was off until now, I'm absolutely sure it has something to do with the NewGen Editor (Version 5d)

I'm having problems with saving my map file, I'll provide a update & then suddenly the w3x map file will loop back to it's previous outdated version a few days later. Assuming you want to update it again without realizing the letter "c" is missing from the alphabet & you've already started on "d".

I'm not entirely sure if there's "some" special procedure to properly exit this editor but it's actually becoming a nuisance, luckily I always save 2 extra copies on 2 seperate drives. The main saved file of the map which the NewGen editor always saves using the same routine of save & close, occasionally ends up not actually saving it but temporarily stores it for (x) amount of time.

Please note this has nothing to do with "system restore" I'm sure many of you would assume that on the first guess but that's not the case & I never shut down the computer until it officially finishes saving while waiting a few before closing not sure what the problem is.

Here is the file:
JassNewGenPack 5d
The Editor

Any help on the matter much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.