• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NewGen won't compile maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used JNGP for ages now and it's always worked, but suddenly, it won't compile my maps! I save it over and over, but it never does any of the save stages and upon testing, the game just goes back to the start screen... I've looked at all of the options but none of them seem to solve my problem. I know I must have clicked a button somewhere that I shouldn't have clicked, but which one? Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

I have enabled JassHelper, and the problem isn't to do with it just not compiling vJass, it won't even put all of the units etc into the map script - it doesn't even generate the map script, vJass or no.

EDIT:
I made a new map and pasted all of the data across, it works on the new map (it was only a spell test map, not a proper map). I'm curious, however, as to what might happen if you got that problem in the middle of making a proper map - you'd lose all of you terrain and everything!

EDIT2:
Just one change in the code and my problem is back again! What's going on?

EDIT3:
I found the problem! I resaved the map under a different file name, and it worked! It must have been to do with +/- signs in the file name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.