• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Newbie help needed, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
New to the site and I'm looking for basic player-generated maps to download and enjoy - no RP, no Campaign, just good, old-fashioned single player basic Frozen Throne, etc. maps. Apparently, I'm looking in the wrong place. Little help? Any tips would be appreciated!

:vw_wtf:

Level 2
And one other thing....

I enjoy large terrain, lots of critters, lots to do <LOVE me some Goblin Shredders and heavy resources>. Warcraft is an enjoyable time-killer for me, so I prefer single player with 8+ computer enemies.

Any recommendations on some groovy maps like this?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Please do not double-post. Use the EDIT button to add more information or additional questions.

You can download resources at the big red button with yellow 'Download'. It is located between the map description and user comments.

Level 2
Please do not double-post. Use the EDIT button to add more information or additional questions.

You can download resources at the big red button with yellow 'Download'. It is located between the map description and user comments.

Thanks so much for the advice. The problem is, when I hit the Download button, the only thing that happens is that my video player pops up: no designation folder, so download, no nothing. Any thoughts at all?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Do you use a mobile or a computer ?
What browser do you use ?
Try to use different browsers.

Level 2
Same exact thing on Explorer. I left click on download and my Windows Media Center pops up - that's it. It doesn't give me the opportunity to save it or anything at all. Surely this isn't that hard.. what in the world am I doing wrong?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Again, please do not double-post. Use the EDIT instead. Double-Posting is against the rules, only exception is after 48 hours are past with no answer, then you are allowed to 'bump' the thread.

Did you check your 'Downloads' ? Sometimes it is dropped there.
I think it has something to do with your settings, but I cannot help you with that.

Level 2
Again, thanks for the help, but I have not double-posted anywhere, intentionally. Are my posts appearing twice?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I'm on a PC and use Chrome, but I'll give Explorer a shot.

That is your post.
Same exact thing on Explorer. I left click on download and my Windows Media Center pops up - that's it. It doesn't give me the opportunity to save it or anything at all. Surely this isn't that hard.. what in the world am I doing wrong?
And this is a following post, that is what you call double-post. You should add the information of the second post in the first one via the 'Edit'.

Level 2
Thanks, but that's not getting me any closer to understanding what I'm doing wrong with the downloads. They're all saving as movie clips. I'd LOVE to stop taking up everyone's time and start enjoying the game and have certainly scoured the blogs trying to figure it out, but I'm not closer. I'd love some assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.