• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help!!! please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay, this has been irking me for a while. But i've finally decided to ask for help, allow me to elaborate: I am unable to play every w3x and w3m map I have downloaded off of this site. I click on the download file link and then click on save file. I then put the file in my warcraft frozen throne directory. But when I launch frozen throne and go to the folder where I stored the file, it's simply not there. I've tried relaunching frozen throne but that didn't work. Although I have been able to open the unprotected maps (with map editor) that I downloaded from the hive. So... I'm begining to think their must be something wrong with my frozenthrone. Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time.

Extra details:
-w3n downloads work perfectly :p Also: maps that I download from www.getdota.com work just fine also.
-I tried opening and simply re-saving the maps (they opened and saved succesfully) but, they still do not appear in my in game directory.

Level 3
thanks for the reply :)

I made a folder especially for hiveworkshop content. And I tried moving the maps to other folders, including the scenario and standard melee folder. But the maps still are not showing up. also, one of the maps I have made is also not showing up in the in-game directory, but only after I had uploaded it to the hive.

Attachments

• Capture 1.JPG
    Capture 1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Capture 3.JPG
    Capture 3.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 67
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    948 KB · Views: 444
  • Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    931 KB · Views: 88

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
It happened to me only once. I created a folder for a set of maps and they weren't there. When I placed them in the scenario folder (just to try) they appeared. Try to place your maps somwhere else. Not in a folder made for them. It might work, but I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.