• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Melee] New World Exploration

Level 2
Hey guys!

Please test my new map here.
It's 3 players FFA map.

Main Features
  • All players should explore new continent to expand
  • Not equal, not mirrored starting places (from balance pow). But we think they are balanced!
  • Lots of narrow passages can be easily extended by using proper units
  • Wooden Army troops can be hired in a Mercenary Camps. They cost lots of wood, but very powerful and slow
  • Huge amount of creeping camps around - no time to sleep!
  • Workers Bank gives you worker for free, if you not have anyone

Screenshots
WC3ScrnShot_052823_184004_04_1.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052823_184242_06_1.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052823_184258_07_1.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052823_185509_11_1.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052823_190105_39_1.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_052823_190255_72_1.jpg

Compatible with: Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
Latest build: New World Exploration v1.25
Note: No any external assets were used.

Map road:
  • Improve balance (based on users feedback)
  • Improve beauty

Developed by Serg Samixon & Denys Samchuk
Thank you,
Serg Samixon

Attachments

• New World Exploration.w3x
    116.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Level 11
Disclaimer: I tested this with the AI and did not play a full game.

A few things I noted (playing as Humans on the top island).

• The Vultures favour the Night Elves as their starting units are ranged. Humans, Orcs and Undead cannot initially do anything about them unless they pick a ranged hero or speed run for ranged units (I'm not well-versed in melee or multiplayer matches so this might not be a problem at all).
  • The Human's "Mechanical Critter" spawns a Wooden Zergling (I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but the Mechanical Creep can be vital to strategies, so you might want to change this if its deliberate).
  • Some creeps are close together, causing them to join fights with other creeps).
  • It is not said in the tooltip for the "Wooden Zergling" that it gives Command and Devotion Aura.
  • The map layout, for me at least, is kind of confusing.

Level 2
Disclaimer: I tested this with the AI and did not play a full game.

A few things I noted (playing as Humans on the top island).

• The Vultures favour the Night Elves as their starting units are ranged. Humans, Orcs and Undead cannot initially do anything about them unless they pick a ranged hero or speed run for ranged units (I'm not well-versed in melee or multiplayer matches so this might not be a problem at all).
  • The Human's "Mechanical Critter" spawns a Wooden Zergling (I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but the Mechanical Creep can be vital to strategies, so you might want to change this if its deliberate).
  • Some creeps are close together, causing them to join fights with other creeps).
  • It is not said in the tooltip for the "Wooden Zergling" that it gives Command and Devotion Aura.
  • The map layout, for me at least, is kind of confusing.
Thank you very much.
AI (it is always stupid isn't it) don't use basic map features, so it bad option for a test. But, if anyone can help us how to improve AI, we try to fix it.
For an example, AI don't hire in a Mercenary Camps and don't destroy trees to create new passes.

>Some creeps are close together, causing them to join fights with other creeps).
This is part of that gameplay =).

>Mechanical Critter" spawns a Wooden Zergling
Sounds as impossible, - ok we will test/fix this

>It is not said in the tooltip for the "Wooden Zergling" that it gives Command and Devotion Aura.
Thank you - we will fix it

@FeelMyRash What do you dislike most and what annoys you on the map now?