• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Warcraft Lore?

Should the next Warcraft RTS follow WoW Lore?

• Hell Yes!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No, WoW Lore ruined it...

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey guys, I wanted to know what you guys would like to see. If there was a new Warcraft RTS, would you want it to follow WoW lore or start up from Wc3 TFT?

Discuss!

Level 19
Hmm... Where's the option of having a kind of lore that somehow links WoW Lore with an even better one without having to change it entirely, like, having a slow loop around or something that could help to balance and still make it epic.
But I wouldn't mind the WoW Lore too much, so yeah.

Level 19
Although I'm sure Blizzard would be intelligent enough to think of a way not to screw it up and revive the good, epic lore that was seen before.

Level 18
Fine. Let them make it with the WoW lore. But at least they should incorporate some flashbacks where you'd be able to play some boss fights/raids in RTS style.

Anyway, Bobby Cotick is a greedy swine and said they won't be any more RTS games because MMOs are more profitable.

Level 9
Warcraft lost the fun when it became a world.

Entirely true. In my opinion making it an MMORPG just spoiled the fun from the story...
I think if they make a WC4 they should continue exactly the story from WC3 TFT but give it an end this time... something like what happenes with the lich king... and kiljaeden... and the night elves... the humans... etc

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm curious as to how Blizzard plans to just separate the lore of the most played MMORPG. In Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas died, which resulted in the annihilation of an entire race, I'm not sure if anyone's going to treat it lightly if Blizzard just decides that it did happen, but then again, if they decide that it didn't happen, what are we playing in WoW, some kind of myth, some kind of dream? It would kind of ruin the feeling for them.
I would like to see RTS WarCraft history somewhat meshed with WoW lore, I liked the concepts of Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn. But I would not mind at all if they ditched the Lich King's death.

Level 9
I'm curious as to how Blizzard plans to just separate the lore of the most played MMORPG. In Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas died, which resulted in the annihilation of an entire race, I'm not sure if anyone's going to treat it lightly if Blizzard just decides that it did happen, but then again, if they decide that it didn't happen, what are we playing in WoW, some kind of myth, some kind of dream? It would kind of ruin the feeling for them.
I would like to see RTS WarCraft history somewhat meshed with WoW lore, I liked the concepts of Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Dawn. But I would not mind at all if they ditched the Lich King's death.

Yeah... Arthas just dying is a bit too all of the sudden... and even so... in my opinion all that is happening in wow is just... like you would read the texts and see the videos... but no player actually plays the events... i would like if they would continue the story from where it was in WC3... but also add things that already appeared in wow... forming something that would also please wow players...

Level 19
Yeah, actually if they did make a Warcraft IV, continuing from Warcraft III would really get players back into the lore again, considering that they make it a good one like what they did in the Frozen Throne.
Go Blizzard:)

PS: Somehow I hope they'll be able to make a lore from there, and find some reason for it to happen that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.