• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Warcraft Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
could you 'like one'?

I'm assuming you mean choose.

Newgen is the best World Edit out there and has UMSWE built in (to my knowledge).

Newgen has a form of jass that a lot of coders use. It also has less boundaries then the normal editor (larger placement of doodads etc). The only problem is that you have to change your WE exe file thingy to patch 1.21 (I think thats the right patch #).

Level 8
could you 'like one'?

I'm assuming you mean choose.

Newgen is the best World Edit out there and has UMSWE built in (to my knowledge).

Newgen has a form of jass that a lot of coders use. It also has less boundaries then the normal editor (larger placement of doodads etc). The only problem is that you have to change your WE exe file thingy to patch 1.21 (I think thats the right patch #).

I used to use JNG but recently had to format my pc (sucky SATA drives) so I tried reinstalling JNG but I was getting errors. I patched warcraft over bnet so I guess it's later than 1.21?? Strange because My old JNG worked with the current w3 patch but maybe that's because I had it installed before the most recent patch.

Is this correct and I need to roll back w3 in order to use JNG?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use JNGP, do not use WEU. WEU will mess up your map and overall make mapping harder than normal WE due to it being out of date and poorly made.

JNGP is a false positive due to the way it works, it is totally harmless and does nothing but inject itself like a virus into WE (thats how it works duh) but that only modifies the runtime not the actual file. I can assure you it is made by highly respected members of the WC3 community and nearly every good WC3 modder reccomends it. Just make sure you DL it from only thehelper.net or WC3C as any other mirror may not be offical and could actually be infected with a virus.

Level 8
Well, JGNP doesn't exactly have WEU included. But it offers the option to integrate it into JNGP in case WEU is already installed.
Also the trojans that some antivirus tools are reporting are false alarms. Unfortunately, due to how JNGP works, it can easily be mistaken as a virus, when in fact it isn't.

Lastly, JNGP should work with the latest patches as far as i know, because the 1.21 wordedit.exe is included in recent versions of the pack. The only problem with 1.23b is that because the return bug got removed in the update, you'll have to wait for a version of jasshelper, that doesn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.