• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New RP - RARP - Download it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It IS future, but limited to "apocolyptic" future only. As in the entire map is a wreck (i mean in a literal sense, like the whole city is ruined). So it IS future theme, but lets say you want to do a future theme WITHOUT having everything dead.

Ever seen a future theme that didn't end up in all-out warfare? :wink:

Level 5
You mean Maric took it out, then everyone copied him...

Maric is more than happy to offer up his work. A position I find commendable in this day and age of copy/pasting. That's why I chose to continue his legacy in the HRP 1.4 series, in honor of such a pioneer to RPing.

Level 6
Are you still talking about 'stolen' or not-stolen, if the original makers don't complain, then there is nothing wrong. Also the Map maker is from Blizzard, so only Blizzard can have rights on the map.

Level 5
Are you still talking about 'stolen' or not-stolen, if the original makers don't complain, then there is nothing wrong. Also the Map maker is from Blizzard, so only Blizzard can have rights on the map.

Supposedly Starcraft II StarEdit will come with map locks so you can password protect your map or something...

Level 1
i just recently came back to warcraft 3 from about a year of not playing and was sad to find that rpings time is almost over hopefully it can be revived. But anyway ive rped on this map a couple times and i really like the terrain:)

Level 5
Ahh probly wouldn't matter theres still going to be some smart nerd go and hack into the system.

The only way to get through a pass-protected map would be with a passgen right? I mean, otherwise you'd have to edit the map's code straight up, but if the map denies all access from all sources until a code is entered, then you'd HAVE to use a passgen, and if Blizz uses the strike system (you have X tries to get the password right each time you enter it or it deletes the map, temporarily disables editing/trying to enter passwords, or something else), there's no chance.

Level 17
They have found to get past EVERY protection scheme anyone has come up with. Dota has been hacked, everything has been. They WILL eventually find a way for SCII to be hacked.

Edit: Notice how this conversation changed, look through the pagea XD. I dont even KNOW what started this conversation. It went from accusations to clan hacking to map hacking to SCII.

Level 5
I'm interested. RARP - ??? should be an interesting terrain imo.

Crusade looks a little rushed in some parts, though, so you should try to avoid that if at all possible.

Level 5
he changed the ??? to Solris the new futureistic terrain going to be alsome and not gay like POARP

I personally thought the terraining on PoA was awesome. You're obviously somewhat of a crazed zealot.

Let's try and avoid flaming each other's terrains, shall we? I think Chamion's terrain job was fantastic.

Level 17
I decided to go with Futuristic theme, because next to PoARP (which isnt actually "Future" IMO) there are no Space/Sci-fi RP's. And also, im not trying to, nor am i willing to, compete with Lokrp and MAYBE sotdrp (Although im not seeing much good in it yet). So i decided to go into a different genre. There maybe more of this "Sci-Fi" thing to come.

It would be different in PoARP, because it is SPACE themed, Planets, marines, Space ships etc. PoARP is more a modern Apocolypse theme, mine is, by our definition of future today, Future (Space ships, aliens, etc.)

2 Planets, one kinda based off of Mars, the other off of Earth. Though you can make them what you want i suppose.

And Omni, i agree with how Crusade was rushed. Good as it is, you wont believe i finished it in less than 3 hours. (The terrain, i mean)

Level 5
I already did... well, its kinda small, i've made 5-ish space ship interiors varying in size. I might make a HUGE one later. There is a nice Marine base though :p

You should see if you can aquire some of the textures used in Parasite. They have all those nice metal floors, space tiles, and metal elevators, plus the android and alien models.

Level 34
Yeah, but we are working now on the Parasite - Earthbound series and I'm in the terrain contest! :D

Parasite 1 is great to RP in, Parasite 2 is great to play in. Parasite 3 shall be great to play & RP in, we hope.

Level 5
Either way I'm looking forward to it. It's a shame so many people tend to dismiss things for limitations. I fear people may not like it because its "future" only, but I assure you, for my part I will judge solely on quality.

Level 17
Its got a mix. But then again, by your theory, we could judge all Medival RP's limited because they are limited to Medieval.

I optimize everything i import before i import it, right now, my custom imports have reached 4.8 MB. But the map size is 3.6 MB. I havent optimized the map yet either.

It is on the BRINK of release, its just that im so busy with some other real life things, all i need to do actually, is finish up some final touches on the terrain, test it and make sure it works, edit the credits and info etc. and ya.

Oh, and i already have metal tile terrain and lots of custom terrain. Duh...

Expect it MAYBE some time tommorow :D

Level 5
Its got a mix. But then again, by your theory, we could judge all Medival RP's limited because they are limited to Medieval.

It's not my theory, and seeing as most every RP on Warcraft is based around things in the "Fantasy" era (magic, swords, etc.) it's not all that limited. Plus you can still RP a space marine in a forest. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.