• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Race on Lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys, i already have some knowledge about the World Editor. I actually can setup a full working race, but there is a problem. How can i add it to game lobby of my custom melee map?? Some Ideas??

Level 25
Well you could make a dialog show up asking if you want to stay the race you choose in lobby or if you want to be <custom race>.

If you choose that custom race, all your peons and main building are replaced by new ones.
Same could be done for computer, but tbh it would require custom AI for them.

Level 35
chaos isn't 'bugged', so to speak, but it's definitely not recommended for this type of thing

ever

from what i can gather, i thought he was asking how to make it that you could choose to play his race /before/ you were inside the map, which i think would, if it's possible, require rummaging through mpq files

Level 2
So. I find it impossible too. Any of you guys could teach me a way to make it ingame?? The Triggers, a Sample Map... Anything would be of great help ^^

Level 35
Level 25
I think this is sufficient?
  • Race Change
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for YourDialog
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to GoDemon
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Peasant) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Triggering player)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Slave using The new unit's default life and mana
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Town Hall) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Triggering player)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a Dark Citadel using The new unit's default life and mana
This replaces all Peasants for "demon" worker Slaves and all Town Halls for Demon Dark Citadel.

If you want to give this option to player of any race, you could make that above trigger with 3 ITEs, or you could make a list of all replaceable Races, their Tier1 main buildings and workers - this may be preffered if you want to give more race change options (such as change to either Demon, or Naga or Draenei, etc.). For that you could also make a Dialog Button array, so you can loop through each dialog button and check if it was that one which was clicked and so on.

Level 35
that's not sufficient at all

if they pick the undead race initially, then they will have a different amount of starting units and they will ruin the terrain with dispel blight. they will also have a haunted gold mine.

if they pick the night elves as their initial race, then they will have the town hall obnoxiously close to the gold mine

if you're aiming to make races similar to melee races (i.e. you aim to have effects like the Haunted Gold Mine for at least one of your races), then you will need this:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/blizz-like-melee-settings-extra-races-2-5-a-186851/?prev=search%3Drace%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D200

otherwise, you can just remove the initialization effects of creating the initial units and have it create the new units you want instead whenever they click on the dialog buttons

you will have some difficulty with defeat conditions, incidentally, which is something i don't know about handling beyond simply removing them

Status
Not open for further replies.