• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I've added two new quests, I think I only want 2 more (one for each side).

One comes from a Ghoul who has had his ledger stolen by ogres, and it is hidden away. The Death Knight must find this ledger and bring it back to the Ghoul for experience and gold.

The other comes from a woman who has survived the village being ransacked by the Death Knight, but her kids have been stolen by local creeps and hidden in cages. The hunters must find her two children who are pretty well hidden in order to succeed.

*EDIT* This matter has been decided, read the final outcome here.

Last edited:
Level 4
I've added two new quests, I think I only want 2 more (one for each side).

One comes from a Ghoul who has had his ledger stolen by ogres, and it is hidden away. The Death Knight must find this ledger and bring it back to the Ghoul for experience and gold.

The other comes from a woman who has survived the village being ransacked by the Death Knight, but her kids have been stolen by local creeps and hidden in cages. The hunters must find her two children who are pretty well hidden in order to succeed.

Aw man, can't you come up with better, no offence but those two are Blizzard's quests.
Ghoul who has had his ledger stolen from ogres = Gerald who has had his ledger stolen from bandits.
The second one isn't as bad but it's basicly like the one where Little Timmy gets kidnapped by gnolls.

Level 18
OK, then a Necromancer? And the quest works well for the map, there are cages everywhere it's harder than you think to find them! It's not a huge map, as you will see, so I can't have epic quests. They're minor quests that aren't easy to find and are just bonus's in the game that serve the purpose of helping you gain more gold and XP- this map is not based off of quests. And plus, if you have a better idea then put it here, that's what this section is for.

It might serve you better to get to play the current beta version first though and then decide.

Level 4
OK, then a Necromancer? And the quest works well for the map, there are cages everywhere it's harder than you think to find them! It's not a huge map, as you will see, so I can't have epic quests. They're minor quests that aren't easy to find and are just bonus's in the game that serve the purpose of helping you gain more gold and XP- this map is not based off of quests. And plus, if you have a better idea then put it here, that's what this section is for.

It might serve you better to get to play the current beta version first though and then decide.

A Necromancer would be better, afterall, he has a spellbook in his hand. :p
For a quest there could be a Orc (grunt, peon, etc.) who lost his Kodo Beast (riderless). Then maybe you go find it, and its guarded by enemies or something. Not a very good idea, but an idea. :bored:

Level 18
A Necromancer would be better, afterall, he has a spellbook in his hand. :p
For a quest there could be a Orc (grunt, peon, etc.) who lost his Kodo Beast (riderless). Then maybe you go find it, and its guarded by enemies or something. Not a very good idea, but an idea. :bored:

Well, there are no orcs... it's undeads that control the village. Also, I changed the ghoul to a "Weary Ghost" who takes the model of the 'Sylvaness Banshee/Ghost'. You have to find her spellbook. Basically the same sort of thing, just tweaked a little to make a little more sense- because you are right, ghouls are dumb! :smile:

Last edited:
Level 3
True. It could happen. We'll see. (I really mean that, too.)

Don't listen to him!!....

lol, just kidding. Yeah, although it seems rather odd for a traveler to come to the place and stick around long, considering all hell is breaking loose....(literally.)

Level 18
I like this guy. :p He's got all the good ideas.

he also can't spell :grin:

Don't listen to him!!....

lol, just kidding. Yeah, although it seems rather odd for a traveler to come to the place and stick around long, considering all hell is breaking loose....(literally.)

Yeah that's what I was thinking about when I said an Orc wouldn't fit.. but maybe he could be one that lives in a cave around there or something. Even though there are no caves. lol :spell_breaker:

Level 4
he also can't spell :grin:

Just become someone can't spell, it doesn't make them a bad person, lol.

Yeah that's what I was thinking about when I said an Orc wouldn't fit.. but maybe he could be one that lives in a cave around there or something. Even though there are no caves. lol :spell_breaker:

Orcs are everywhere, it's impossible to isolate a map to just Humans and Undead or whatever you had :p. Or he could be a wise Tauren Chieftain.

Level 18
Orcs are everywhere, it's impossible to isolate a map to just Humans and Undead or whatever you had :p. Or he could be a wise Tauren Chieftain.

This isn't true at all. Humans don't like Orcs, so Humans would not live in the same village as Orcs. This map takes place in a village and the surrounding area. Plus, if you've read what AtD is, an Undead Death Knight has come into this village and desecrated everything, leaving almost no survivors... except for a few humans. A Tauren Chieftain would be in the Outland. A grunt would try to kill you. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
This isn't true at all. Humans don't like Orcs, so Humans would not live in the same village as Orcs. This map takes place in a village and the surrounding area. Plus, if you've read what AtD is, an Undead Death Knight has come into this village and desecrated everything, leaving almost no survivors... except for a few humans. A Tauren Chieftain would be in the Outland. A grunt would try to kill you. :infl_thumbs_up:

Actually if I remember correctly in Reign of Chaos Thrall got along with Jaina. So, it is possible for Orc's and Human's to get along. :pirate:

Level 4
Admiral Proudmoore and every other human despised her for it, Jaina was an exception, but would a whole village of humans be one as well?

I don't understand that question. "but would a whole village of humans be one as well?"

Level 8
Well im guessing this is located on loderon or however you spell it. So all the passive orcs moved to there own city in the barrens so probaly any decent orcs in the area would be old warlocks or warriors who are to old to fight but have wizdom. But there probaly be a small rouge tribe of chaos orcs or such.

Edit: ow where would you think a weapons merchant would go to sell his products for maximum profit? in a place of peace? or a place in desperate need of arms to fight?

Level 18
Well im guessing this is located on loderon or however you spell it. So all the passive orcs moved to there own city in the barrens so probaly any decent orcs in the area would be old warlocks or warriors who are to old to fight but have wizdom. But there probaly be a small rouge tribe of chaos orcs or such.

Edit: ow where would you think a weapons merchant would go to sell his products for maximum profit? in a place of peace? or a place in desperate need of arms to fight?

Chaos Orcs would probably favor the Undead Death Knight. But an old Orc perhaps, who has been around Lordaeron all his life, and who happened to sell offensive weapons (which he probably would sell remedies, in actuality) MIGHT be in the area. I shall see!

Level 8
Well im just explaining the prospective of the choas orcs there woulden't just be them there. I'm pretty sure there would be remmenats of grom's old tribe there who are not corrupt and probaly don't have the urg to attack humans anymore since the demonic curse on them has been lifted.

Level 3
Or how about this?

The orcs are in a giant building that's also the shop. The building name could be inexplicable orc fortress. Or if it's a single orc standing around, name him "The inexplicable one" or something like that...lol......

...orc giving a quest to someone he hates

nite, he can tell like "im gonna kil you if you dont do what i've said, otherwise you will be rewarded" or maybe not... i've never been a good quest maker :(
and yes, prison: it's done almost completely, except i should fix lights so they aren't meter far from dummies, i will have to manually work on that :p

Level 6
only 1 thing about the necromancer and his ledger: the death knight is running around burning vilages and here comes a necromancer and tells him that if he gets his stolen ledger back his gonna give him some gold! It just doesnt fit the deathknight. He's supposed to be powerfull right? Why doesnt he just take the gold from the necromancer?

Level 6
u could make an orc stronghold somewere in the map where the deathhunters should go to seek aliance with the orcs against the death knight, but the deathhunters have to prove themseleves to gain the aliance so the orcs send them on some quest to fight a group of the strongest orcs in the stronghold or sometin' and if the hunters pass the orcs start sending waves of grunts to attack the death knight (woah what a quest):eek:

Level 6
I got a quest, doesnt matter if you are Death knight or the other guy!
U join a side of -CREEP1- or -CREEP2- (a war).
if u join -CREEP1- then ure against -CREEP2- and have to kill -CREEP2-s Master
if u join -CREEP2- then ure against -CREEP1- and have to kill -CREEP1-s Master
-OPTINAL QUEST------------------------------------------------------------
Reward: -(race)- Scroll of summoning: Summons five -(race)- to fight and protect you for 2 min (5 charges//3 min coolown)

Level 18
u could make an orc stronghold somewere in the map where the deathhunters should go to seek aliance with the orcs against the death knight, but the deathhunters have to prove themseleves to gain the aliance so the orcs send them on some quest to fight a group of the strongest orcs in the stronghold or sometin' and if the hunters pass the orcs start sending waves of grunts to attack the death knight (woah what a quest):eek:

I got a quest, doesnt matter if you are Death knight or the other guy!
U join a side of -CREEP1- or -CREEP2- (a war).
if u join -CREEP1- then ure against -CREEP2- and have to kill -CREEP2-s Master
if u join -CREEP2- then ure against -CREEP1- and have to kill -CREEP1-s Master
-OPTINAL QUEST------------------------------------------------------------
Reward: -(race)- Scroll of summoning: Summons five -(race)- to fight and protect you for 2 min (5 charges//3 min coolown)

Both of these quests are a little to epic for AtD, which is only about a 35 minute game. They would most likely require adding sections to the map that would need to be terrained, etc. Thank you both for the suggestions though.

Level 3
Alright, I have a good quest idea...(Been a while since I last posted)

There wouldn't be an NPC involved, either! It would simply be that there would be a small ruin. At the ruin, there is an inscription somewhere that the Death Knight can read. It tells him to find a special amulet, which you would find in the secret item shop for about 300 gold, with the description 'It has to be useful for SOMETHING...' . Once you get the amulet and bring it back to the ruins, the amulet is charged and renamed to "Infernal Amulet".

Stats:
+10 armor
25 immolation damage per second (to those around him)
+5 strength

Can be used once every 2 minutes to call an infernal (a strong one) for roughly 25 seconds.

Level 3
I like the idea of the shop because it would be a little challenge. The Death Knight would have to figure out that the inscription was talking about a near-useless amulet that's hidden in the shop.

Level 18
These quest ideas have been decided in the final days of work on AtD and turned into two quests.

Quest 1: (Only for the Death Knight) A Weary Ghost has lost her spellbook and now is useless without it. She hints at the location where this book could have been taken to by the wretched Ogres who stole it. Once found, the Death Knight is rewarded with 325 gold and 350 experience.

Quest 2: An "Elder Farseer" who's wolf has abandoned him since the coming of evil into the village, and your task is to find his wolf (Only if you want to of course, no quest is mandatory).

Anyways, this quest takes you to the Town's Porter whom, if you answer his question correctly, gives you a key to the main gate in the town. You must figure out how to use this key correctly, and upon doing so the gate will open. Here you will find the Farseer's wolf, and each Death Hunter will be rewarded 150 gold and 450 experience, or if the Death Knight finds it 400 gold and 450 experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.