• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[New project] Steel Legions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello bros, i'm a member :D
In my history book of "Map making", there isn't any english-map page yet. So now with some inspiration and time, the historian like me would like to write something new into it. Something made from "steels"!
In general, i would like to discuss some ideas and the path which this map is taking on

SL_main.jpg

General:
My first map in English
Two teams which contains staticals, skills (Each team max of 5 players and 1 computer for each)
Lots of different ways of leveling your hero
Needing more helps in ideas of gameplays, some other stuffs or any of other stuffs (ideas from you guys)
This is a war between Communism and Capitalism countries.
This map should contains high teamwork requirements, full-balance, a wise tank chooser is also necessary
Background story:
Need some more work :goblin_sleep: (I'm half way with it already) (You could add one too :D) Hey, where the hell goblin comes from?
Gameplay:
Me: As a chosen pilots, you're able to earn a tank for free
Goblin noob : :goblin_jawdrop: kidding?
Me: Nope ,just like choosing a hero man
Goblin noob: Ohhhhh... :vw_unimpressed:
Me: Each tank has its special abilities which can give you a role as damage dealer, supporter or... feeder <= joking (Balance remember? :ogre_hurrhurr:)
And then...
Goblin noob: hey hey, i have a question :goblin_yeah:
Me: what?! :ogre_rage:
Goblin noob: Then how the hell it could be better than melee maps?
Me: You don't have to suicide to be worthy !
Goblin noob: :goblin_jawdrop:
Me: With some farming skills and luck will give you Gear Parts (dropped by neutral with percent or killing enemy tanks, winning missions, leveling up...) which is needed in upgrading your tanks to the new tier (also the most important things may cause the game into *swearing*, *stealing*, *quitting*,.. etc. To reduce this percent, only neutral creeps are going to drop this item (or buying from shops). In higher tier, your tank'll have its new abilities

Missions
Me: The main thing will help the map more attractive.
Each team has their structures which increase their incomes, or giving power to the team base, making the team more stronger (Which are Powerplants, Gold mines, Material mines,...) Engage the enemy's building will enter players into types of missions (Destroying, Counter - strike, Bombing...
Goblin noob: Bombing? Wooo.. :goblin_good_job:
Me (Ignore): A successful mission will give your team the building, gear parts. Or success in defending will also give you awards
(Could need more ideas here too) :ogre_haosis:
Goblin noob: Hey hey, :goblin_yeah: i have one! How about i'm a big boss and all players need to kill me to win? :goblin_sleep:
Me: Nah, you already have a role
Goblin noob: Wooo... interesting, what's that? :goblin_good_job:
Me: You'll be the one gives players the most needed things...
Goblin noob: Hell yeah! :goblin_yeah: That's gear parts aren't they. But how?
Me: just die with a nice percent
Goblin noob: :goblin_good_job::goblin_good_job: Can you explain that
Me: "Gear Parts (dropped by neutral with percent...)" instructions for you above!
Goblin noob: :goblin_cry: :goblin_cry: :goblin_cry: => :goblin_boom:
Me: Finally!

Items:
Instead of magic stuffs, we'll buy some helpers (Mechanic, Weapon Experts, Engine Experts,...) will increase the hitpoints regeneration, damage or speed of attack, movements...

[That's all i got this far, that's why i'm here talking to goblin and want you to have some fun reading wall of letters]

And the original ideas, gameplay by Steel Legions game by Splitscreen studios
Last but not least:
images
:goblin_good_job:
What the hell...!

Status
Not open for further replies.