• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Map - Need Partner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making a map called Last Stand and it involves mixing of 2 genres. First one is hero defence and the other is survival ( like the "troll" map's). first off I'm using the hero defence style to make heros defend a certain object and if it dies, you lose. And the survival part isn't heat,enrgy or hunger. It's the item combining. If any1 is interested and GOOD with triggers and GOOD with terrain plz post/PM me, all help will be appreciated :D

Level 2
i know the triggers for item combination like the inside of my eyelid. ill help ya if you need. sounds like a good map.

Level 4
ty

I don't even know what my inside of my eyelid looks like......

lolz, I got some of the item combos down but I could always use an extra hand, thank you!

Level 4
Info!

Ok, you asked for it Blue, here is more information on my map!

1)Map Name- Last Stand
2)# of PLayers- 8
3)# of Computer Players- 2
4)Teams Protectors(working title) - Monsters (working title)

Basic Information:

This map is a combenation of 2 popular map genres. Which r Survivor maps (Troll Tribes,Tom Brown,Ect., where players build buildings, items and other things. The second genre is Hero Defense (Doolmites,HEro Line Wars?,ect.) where each player controls 1 hero to protect a certain object, if the object is destroyed then u lose! I will compare and contrast what this map has in common and what it doesn't have with these 2 genreas!

Surivor:
*Has
-Item Creation ( unit picks up a stick then another stick then a steel bar (triger works) = Flimsy Dagger is created.
-Newbie Time ( if their hero dies in a certain time limit they will be revived, or in this case, a certain "wave" limit they will be revived)

*Doesn't Have
-Hunger,Heat,Warmth,Energy, ect.
-P v P ( Players vs. Players)

Hero Defense:
*Has
-A selection of heros which can be chosen, only 1 copy of a hero can be made ( like their can't be to Blade Masters)
-Somthing 2 Defend (Duh! Lolz){Don't know what, tohugh!}
-Waves of monsters ( like what u see in td and mauls)
-Bonus Cash after waves r over.
-Preparation Time between rounds (working on how much)

*Doesn't Have
-Lame Gold or Rigged Hero Cheats
-Overpowered or under powered waves of monsters (like a peasent for round 1 then 50 knights round 2)

Ok, that is the basic over view of what this map is about!! Any more questions :D :D :D :D

Level 6
hey rui, msn doesnt work on my computer for some reason... its a pretty bad computer, barely meeting the requirements for wc3, which isn't that high anyways. If you really want the terrain, you can go ahead and do it, I've usually done terrains for third person view RPGs, rather than just normal view warcraft camera. I can manage object editor, some triggering, skills, items, whatever.
-Blue

Level 4
If ur not going to do then is Rui going to do it??
Btw did u get my e-mail, sry for the pictures slopyness :\
-Josh / Ravnica

Level 6
i am doing it, im not sure whether rui wants to tdo the map, or he wants me to terrain for him. if its that rui wants to do it, and if he strongly desires to make the map instead, then he can, and I can do something else. and yes I got your picture and I'm working on the map right now. but if he wants me to terrain something for him, i can do that too.
-Blue

Level 6
by the way... how big is the map supposed to be? and just to let you know i dont use single cliffs, it will all be done with raise and lower terrain, which means every part of the map will be accesible unless its covered with trees or something. i hate the way warcraft cliff looks since they can only raise 2 levels...

EDIT: If you give me the dimensions, I should have no problem getting it done by this sunday.
-Blue

Level 4
I am taking aback by you 2 wanting to help me out so much, and yes Rui I would love to have u "help" with Object Editor, you see that adn Trigegers r my best qualities r WC3 Editor it's just that, my terrain has always sucked :p ! Anyways, Blue to back to what u said, I dont care as only as the sides and back r covered where the guys r supposed to be protecting just cover it up with what u think is good enough. Make it have plenty of room to build 2 keeps 5 farms 1 barreck 1 alter and 3 towers, point of view, I dont mean all of those r going to be their I'm just showing how much room will be needed for the ppul to build defenses,shops and have room to move around in, I think the map should be 105 x 105 plz.

PalidinMaster3 I have pm'ed u and still haven't had any replies, maybe u haven't been on at all or somthing has came up? i would love your help with triggers becuz their's so many possiblities when using the trigger editor that I haven't even touched upon! Plz post here or pm me as soon as you can.

Also if any1 else wants to help[ plz post here or pm me and I will get back to you as soon as possible, the more the better the map should be :D :D :!:

Level 4
I am taking aback by you 2 wanting to help me out so much, and yes Rui I would love to have u "help" with Object Editor, you see that adn Trigegers r my best qualities r WC3 Editor it's just that, my terrain has always sucked :p ! Anyways, Blue to back to what u said, I dont care as only as the sides and back r covered where the guys r supposed to be protecting just cover it up with what u think is good enough. Make it have plenty of room to build 2 keeps 5 farms 1 barreck 1 alter and 3 towers, point of view, I dont mean all of those r going to be their I'm just showing how much room will be needed for the ppul to build defenses,shops and have room to move around in, I think the map should be 105 x 105 plz.

PalidinMaster3 I have pm'ed u and still haven't had any replies, maybe u haven't been on at all or somthing has came up? i would love your help with triggers becuz their's so many possiblities when using the trigger editor that I haven't even touched upon! Plz post here or pm me as soon as you can.

Also if any1 else wants to help[ plz post here or pm me and I will get back to you as soon as possible, the more the better the map should be :D :D :!:

Level 4
I say "help" becuz I'm putting emphansis on my unweaveringskillz with object editor. I double posted?! F U K! Lolz sry, i was having major problems getting into the board this mouring ><
I do not have msn and I don't WANT msn, I do have AIM becuz I'm on AOL!! But.... I could see into getting msn from my friend who has it!

Level 6
the map size is 128x128 :shock: its what i had before you told me the dimensions, and since 105 can't be done, (the map dimensions have to be in dimensions of 32) I'll just leave it at that then. by the way was that like 2 keeps and stuff for each player? or all combined. and is the area supposed to be forest, jungle, mountain, swamp, what theme do you want?

EDIT: Ummm by the way, I made the river start out as one and split in two :roll: it looks cooler I think, but if you don't like it, you can always just "fill it back in"

EDITEDIT: (lol) Is the area thats raised only supposed to have 1 path going up? There is enough room up there to hold 10 keeps. I hope thats enough :roll:

-Blue

Level 4
Ok, you probly made the area perfect so I'm not going to worrie about that. Also splitting the river into to is awsome! I don't care, as long as it looks good man! Your the terrainer not me! So make it look good to what ever appeals to you. Now the theme.... I was thinking forest? If that'll be fine thnak you very much! :twisted:

Level 4
Ok that would be great, can you plz send me the link.

To Dragon: The dimension is fine, i just dont want it too big, I'm going to be importing a bunch of stuff into the map and need that low with doodads and int. triggers ><

Level 4
Ok, when i get an e-mail i hear a little "click" sound and when I hear that I'll go from my WC3 game what ever1 i'll be in and reply back. And ty!

Level 6
woa~ alot of posts I missed in like one day... hey can you live with a slight delay? I think I'm cursed. lol kidding, but everytime I try to terrain for someone, something goes bad. Last time when I tried to terrain for Rochan or someone, my comp completely shut down... well this time, my laptop's ac cord broke and now I don't have enough batteries to continue... I can download warcraft to this computer, and if I get lucky, I might be able to "squeez" the battery enough to transfer the data to this computer. I should have it done by no later than tuesday though... ugggh I hate technology... and sorry for the slight delay, I hope its not too incovinient...

EDIT: nevermind, I should have it done by tomorrow. I fixed the AC cord, melted some metal and connected the broken cords by letting the metal cool around it :shock: and got a burn on my hand might i add. :oops: so expect it done by about tomorrow. and how should i send this to you?
-Blue

Level 6
urrrrrg.... bad news... laptop battery is draining again... i think i have like 5 minutes left on this cursed machine... I'll probably have to get it repaired, and won't be able to terrain for a while, so instead of delaying this whole thing, I'll just send you waht I got so far. I'll still be on since I have my other computer, but I can't find the wc CDs to install wc there. Sorry, but maybe rui can make the finishing touches? It should be roughly about 75~80% done right now. I'll send it to you.
-Blue

Level 4
Thank you but, I edited your HUGE TREES out because it would be blocking the view and added small trees to the resh and added some blockers. The hill is perfect and i love the water/rivers and the monster path you made was awsome! Thank you, now I need help with the Timer Triggers, when i do it it either makes the timer and when it ends it stopss at 00.00 or it is destroyed and the new one for each round is not thier!? Can you guys help me plz or maybe I should only use the timer for the begining? And use text for the rest of the triggers?

Level 6
this is me on my regular comp with out wc. yea about the huge trees, i forgot that the game isnt being played in third person view. the trees look awesome in third person, just not in the standard wc view. sure i can help with triggers, but i dont have the triggers memorized and my laptop is down... :( i hate technology... im trying to find the wc cd without luck...

if you need another terraining at any point in time, i'll be availuable. i'll be availuable to help this project as soon as i get wc up again. thanks
-Blue

Level 4
Terrain in the map is done! I love it the way it is, yet it could be "nicer".
Here is a list that I'm trying to get done be4 NEXT Friday and hopefully you guys can help me with it :)

To Be Done:
20 Waves/Rounds (I have 8 waves done,including bosses)
10 Heros (0)
All custom hero moves (4 example,buffs,aruars,aof spells,triggers spells,summonings)
Items Drop % from monsters death
Items
Item Combos
Item comobo triggers & shop

Please help me get this done and be able to beta test it by NEXT Friday!! :wink:

Level 6
any "themes" for heroes? like any specific race, or does it not really matter. I can think of some human heroes. by the way i got wc back. i dled wc3 cd image because i couldnt find it :shock:

P.S. by the way, are you going to keep hero max level at 10 or increase it?
-Blue

Level 4
Heros dont matter but I want variety not just all elves or all humans! Its a "hero defense" lolz, of course i'm going ot raise max level, i was thinking 25?
4 Levels of the first 3 moves
4 levels of the Ult.
10 Levels of Attribute Points?
= 26??

Level 6
I got an idea for a hero:

Elven Ranger/Human Archer: (and could we modify the attack, so you have to aim instead of just ordering it to attack? i've seen it done before.)

Well I havent thought of the attributes, but heres the skills:

*Use Dagger/Use Bow: Use the night elf druid ability to switch between a dagger and a bow. Make the bowed unit have low health and slow movement. (That's the thing with wc, archers have fast movement, most games archers are pretty slow and have to be protected.) the daggered unit will be pretty fast and agile, but no ranged attack (obvious...) so the hero will be forced to switch to dagger mode in close combat.

*True Marksmanship (Critical Hit)

*Sniping Shot (shockwave): give it a huge damage but very very slow casting... like 5~10 seconds...

*Multishot

*Rain of Arrows (starfall): i think you can change the starfall things to be arrows... and maybe this should also damage friendly units or maybe not. if it damages friendly units, its more likely, but it'd kill everything too...

-Blue

Level 13
131ueDragon said:
I got an idea for a hero:

Elven Ranger/Human Archer: (and could we modify the attack, so you have to aim instead of just ordering it to attack? i've seen it done before.)

Well I havent thought of the attributes, but heres the skills:

*Use Dagger/Use Bow: Use the night elf druid ability to switch between a dagger and a bow. Make the bowed unit have low health and slow movement. (That's the thing with wc, archers have fast movement, most games archers are pretty slow and have to be protected.) the daggered unit will be pretty fast and agile, but no ranged attack (obvious...) so the hero will be forced to switch to dagger mode in close combat.

*True Marksmanship (Critical Hit)

*Sniping Shot (shockwave): give it a huge damage but very very slow casting... like 5~10 seconds...

*Multishot

*Rain of Arrows (starfall): i think you can change the starfall things to be arrows... and maybe this should also damage friendly units or maybe not. if it damages friendly units, its more likely, but it'd kill everything too...

-Blue

Hmm.. need someone to make the spell? 8) I can, but i can start it on early august.

Level 2
I can help, i can make spells and units well and am ok with triggers, terain on the other hand... :wink: PM if you want or need my help.

Level 4
Wow,sry guys I've been in tro8uble the past couple of days and haven't been able to get on...how about this?
I'll start another forum talking about heros and ANY1 who would like to make or hlep make hero moves,skills and also other inmoprted objects can come help?? I'll make the forum now and also put a link for it from here and also to the other one so ppul can get informed on the map! Thnaks for the help every1!

Status
Not open for further replies.