• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New idea for a Zombie Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Havent really found out a name but tell me what you think and any comments or sugestions would be greatly appretiated
Its sorta based of some of the vampirisem maps (vampfire etc.) but the servivers can chose to be an expert in base building or an expert in slaying the zombie hordes, which of corse will have a few different options to chose from.The goal of the servivers is to try servive a certain amont of time.
Then theres the Zombie commanders which are slightly more intelagent zombies which commands the masses on where to look for there craving for flesh.Im thinking of useing a Crate units at spawn over time for them so that it stays decently ballenced but increasses buy x every 10-15 minutes.
The goal of the zombies is well pretty simple. Turn everything into the undead.
And if a human where to die his base would be distroyed and he would become a lesser zombie without any spawns to help so he would be dependant on the other zombie leaders, but if one of the leaders died he would still have units it would jjust give the person to kill him a good boost or something.
So what do you think?

Comments Pls :)

Last edited:
Level 8
First of all: You have some typo mistakes in your description. The thing with the chooseable survivor-types is good, because it makes the map look more custom. However giving the first players a horde of zombies and the later on turned-into-zombies-zombies nothing, but themselves is a bit of unbalanced. I suggest, that these later on turned into zombies zombies should be counted as generals. So you have the basic players and later on the basic players with some generals (transformed survivors).

Level 31
Why wont anyone post...

I would give you 3 reason why nobody post.

1) Your entire sentence was compile into 1 paragraph, making it harder for user to view.

2) Lot's of typo mistake as well, this make your entire post look like it was written in within 2 minutes and difficult to be read.

3) Your post was just about 1 days old from the last time you visit (Referring to your second post at this thread) and this section was idea section and people who usually surf this section would not post anything unless they find the idea to be interesting. If you make a thread with such a note, it doesn't make it interesting at all to grab people attention.

Ok, enough about that. Now goes to the idea.

Its sorta based of some of the vampirisem maps (vampfire etc.) but the servivers can chose to be an expert in base building or an expert in slaying the zombie hordes, which of corse will have a few different options to chose from.The goal of the servivers is to try servive a certain amont of time.

This idea isn't that original, it was like choosing a class whether you want to become medic, scout, and etc etc. Infact, some zombie genre map have such a similiarity where a unit capable to build structure (At those zombie genre map, it was known as engineer).

Then theres the Zombie commanders which are slightly more intelagent zombies which commands the masses on where to look for there craving for flesh.Im thinking of useing a Crate units at spawn over time for them so that it stays decently ballenced but increasses buy x every 10-15 minutes.

The idea was widely used at many zombie genre map and they are known as Boss. Infact, warcraft 3 map of zombie genre map such as "Left 4 Dead" have such a concept as well.

Ever play Left 4 Dead? You would know exactly what I mean.

And if a human where to die his base would be distroyed and he would become a lesser zombie without any spawns to help so he would be dependant on the other zombie leaders, but if one of the leaders died he would still have units it would jjust give the person to kill him a good boost or something.

This concept was use long time ago. Infact, some non-zombie genre map have such a concept as well.

So what do you think?

All your idea was rather basic & simple, it also a main reason why nobody interested to post a comment about it.

In order to make a rather unique idea for a zombie genre map, you got to think very hard about it. As almost and nearly every concept has been used for it.

If you cannot think of a idea that slightly different than any other zombie genre map, it would just make your zombie genre map an average standard map that might have nobody interested to play it.

Level 4
ok thanks for the input and i actually havent played very many different zombie maps theve all been pretty much the same like NotD2. Again sorry about the very bad grammer it was early in the morning and i didnt check it over as well as i though.

Status
Not open for further replies.