• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New heroes or units for WC3 Standard Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Current Plan

Hero/Unit balancing through:

* Extensive testing made by members of our team (if there will be..) and by oldschool/pro battle.net players (i know many in clan ggl @ azeroth, some are also friends)

* What will be balanced is everything, including attributes, initial hp, damage, agreeance of spells of heroes with their respective race (if its a racial hero) and agreeance of spells for all races if the heroes are tavern ones. Spells would be balanced too ofc.

Hero and possibly unit creation will be through:

*Lore of WoW for some units, such as the Satyr (example is in the map im creating), only used for strings of hero names. Description isn't needed as that is not how blizzard designed the heroes. This is because blizzard designed heroes as follows (ex): "Warrior hero, adept at ____. Can Learn ____. Attacks ___ units".

*Usage of good models that are completely playable (possibly a modeler to be recruited).

*Spells that will be made, will be made through libraries that are presented and made VERY EFFICIENT. This mean's im not creating my own library, unless if itll be very efficient. Ofc spells will be created with scopes and vJASS, although many spells can just be created through the object editor and a dummy, with only some triggering.

Examples of the libraries I already set up are: BonusMod by Earth-Fury, AutoIndex for systems (as 8192 units or less will be put in map, also because AutoIndex is faster than other alternatives such as Hashtables, and in some cases faster than indexing). Spells will be MPI since 2 same heroes cannot be owned by one player, and indexing would also be faster rather than worrying about clearing or setting up new instances. Unit spells will be MUI, as 2 or more of them can be made for the same player. I really want to use Vexorian's xebasic, but i forgot about using structs.

Now the project positions needed are:

- Modeler that is able to produce rich, smooth textures, possibly cartoonish ones that resemble warcraft 3 models (if he is an animator than that is good too).

- Animator that is able to animate the models made by the modeler.

- Idea Creators/Helpers (2-3 creators would be a good amount). You must be practical, and yet, still imaginative.

- Need a good Object Editor configurer, who will handle the creation of units as well as brief but good spell and hero descriptions (that are similar to wc3 ones in structure and format). This person can also modify object editor values such as "Backswing" etc.. to make the hero or unit's movement/attacking look more natural.

- I will be the triggerer + general helper all around. ( I will be assisting the object editor configurer on the spells section since I will have the data of spells with me if they are trigger-made. )

P.S: It would be good for you guys to all be general helpers all around as well, but thats really your choice.

I have the scripts and map dummy unit ready and i already started a hero (Satyr) which has one spell named "Mana Poisoning".

Recruited:

-EternalWow2010: Idea Creator

Last edited:
Level 13
hero idea:Orc race
name:Grantus the Mighty
Morgon the Fearles
Ronkar the Defender
Ironar the Headhunter
model:Troll HeadHunter(agility)
spells:Flaming Spear:50/100/150 damage and burns the enemy for 3/5/8 seconds
BlodThirst:gives the selected unit AtackSpeed +10/20/30 and life steal 5/10/20
HunterSences:gives the hero more vision at night 1000/1200/1800
ulti AdrenalineRush:if the hero has less than 30%life gives the unit +50movmentspeed.
hero idea:Undead race
name:Aranok the Coruptor
Garda'cak
Mortilius the Destroyer
Erwinder the FearMaker
model:Necromancer(inteligente)
spells:Rencarnate:makes a sleketon(life 100/150/200 atack 10/15/20)from fresh corpses
DemonicCoruption:gives the hero +2/4/6 Strengh and 3/5/7 inteligente
SoulsOfTheDemon:damages 3/5/7 ner units with 50/100/200 damage ulti DemonicConversion:transfomers the hero into an undead horor(abomination model) with 1200 life and 50 damage that has the spells bash cleave and howl

Level 13
2 more heros more to come!!!
hero race:elf
proper names:Andria the Unseer
Ardana the Asassin
Shandia the Swift
Mortia the WindBlower
model used:NightElf Warden(not the warden hero model the warden from warcraft 3 region of chaos)
spells:Assasinate:Blows a swift knife in the enemy unit 100/150/200 if the unit/hero has less than 20/30/40%life the unit is killed instant
Unseen:the hero beacomes practicly invisible and has chances to evade atacks and do cricical damage evasion 15/25/35% critical 20/30/40%
FinalBlow:the assasin atackes with a swift dager that is poisend a unit/hero and if unit is 20/25/30%life it kills instant damage from spell 50/100/150 poison makes 4/8/16 damage every 6/4/2 seconds poison lasts 4/8/16 seconds ulti Rampage:with every kill the hero gets +10 hp and +1 agility
hero race:human
proper names:Bowen the Slayer
BraveHeart
Normand the Raider
Elwyn the Breave
model used:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/warrior-48327/?prev=search=felguard&d=list&r=20
spells:BloodDrink every time the hero kills a dragon or reptilian creature it gains 30/40/50% of its life back
DragonHorn if the unit has killed a dragon it will get a dragon horn that is worth 100/200/400 gold
NoFear the hero atacks the enemy with incredibil defence and is practicly invincible lasts for 4/6/10 seconds
ulti DragonMetamorfos transforms itself into a half human half dragon being(model for dragon:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...109531/?prev=search=fire%20dragon&d=list&r=20)
that has 1500 life and 500 mana 30 damage(spells FireBlades the atacked unit gets fire damage from every atack fire damage 10/35/75 ,Howl of terror the units run to hide till the threat is over they can't atack and move randomley lasts for 4/6/10 sec)
i will make more heroes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.