• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New D3W Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
As part of the 1.18 release, ive been doing some reterraining and thought ide get some input from everyone and anyone :D I want to make it as good as possible ;)

D3W-Terrain.png

D3W-Terrain2.png

D3W-Terrain3.png

All C&C is welcome, find as many flaws as you can :D keep in mind it has to be playable though :)

Level 19
~orgasm~
im really curious how you make the pits whitout fuckin up the cameras ingame

first one the waterfall is kinda stretchy methinks
also the water that comes down has gaps in it

Level 30
~orgasm~
im really curious how you make the pits whitout fuckin up the cameras ingame

first one the waterfall is kinda stretchy methinks
also the water that comes down has gaps in it

That was definately a major worry for me when I started the map :p Luckily, Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo made me a camera trigger that keeps it at a set height :)

Level 2
Your playable terrains are pretty nice, I remember 2-P made something like this (messing with perspectives) a while ago on the helper..

Level 30
Level 4
I think that your atmosphere gives a more diablo 3 like feeling tho

Archians terrain has more Diablo I and II feeling. The Diablo III Trailer atmosphere looked way different when compared to the older diablos. Too bright and not so dark.

Level 9
A) Cliffs must DIE!
B) Stretched textures must DIE! as well. I understand that there's no way to make it that high without stretching, but mask it with some props.
C) Re-paint Arcs and End Walls, so they dont stand out. In one composition you got dark blue tiles, brown-orange columns and white borders in between, unbalanced.

Think about making detailed decorations, like steps borders made or arcs like here http://xgm.ru/pics/article/635_9.jpg (mine...)

Level 19
I've been looking at them for a while now ... Looks like I can see the edge of the water model in the first picture at the lowest waterfall. Maybe some darker colors would be nice for the shrubs, and at the second picture, the color of the colums and the walls should be tinted into something blue that goes well up against the textures around.

Except from that this looks very sexy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.