• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Catagory; Diablo 2 Modding/Editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey everyone Plunders here :p

So i've been caught up in Diablo 2 again, and this time i tried playing around with the Jamalla hero editor. But the following question comes to my mind:

1: Why don't the Hive have a tap for Diablo modding in the forums?

2: Is there an "world editor" of any kind for diablo? (i know it's a RNG-map, i wanna change drop chances and the stats of sets and uniques that drops)

3: Anyone know a list of editors/tools and perhaps tutorials for those?

In advance - Thank you hive :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1: Why don't the Hive have a tap for Diablo modding in the forums?
It failed to branch out. The administrator who was pushing it had to take absence to attend to real life matters. As such Hive never moved into Diablo and so lost out to highly dedicated sites. Trying to branch now is kind of pointless as there is no way to topple the Diablo giants.

2: Is there an "world editor" of any kind for diablo? (i know it's a RNG-map, i wanna change drop chances and the stats of sets and uniques that drops)
Not officially. However knowing how crazy people were for Diablo II one can expect a huge variety of game file editors. Ironically the data driven gameplay meant that things like items and monster drops can actually be modified using any spread sheet program such as Microsoft Excel.

3: Anyone know a list of editors/tools and perhaps tutorials for those?
Probably tons on Diablo fan sites.

Anyway a lot of it is not complex. If you want to make high runes drop a lot more commonly all you need to do is use a mpq editor to extract the drop table files and change the probabilities. To apply it you could import it back into the MPQ using the same tool you extracted it with (make a backup first, also will probably get you banned from multiplayer via battlenet).

Status
Not open for further replies.